Tweak for Rogue Preamp Owners

Mark O. contacted me and said they are now drilling a hole in the outboard power supplies and are providing "corks" for the hole.Fill the power suppy with sand and it makes an already quiet tube preamp into a super quiet tube preamp.Mark said it reduces floor and tube noise.You guys that have a "older" Rogue can do this your self.Just make sure you remove the cover first so you dont drill through something kind of important!!! Contact Mark if you need some assistance.I havent done mine yet but will soon.
david99
AS an owner of a Rogue 66 I anxiously await your results and the details of your "surgery"...
Dave there is a recent post at Audioreview.com for Rogue 99 where they did the same thing with the sand, said it eliminated small hum from power supply, and surprisingly improved overall sound to boot.
Sam,if I were you I would call the dealer again and ask to speak directly to him or leave your number so he may call you back.He knows of your interest and I KNOW FOR SURE he will beat the price of the other dealer.Plus he has a demo for you to borrow.
David you can also send your unit back for the hotrod setup for the rogue, I talked to Mark and I `ll send mine back today, I`ll try the sand thing to, here is another if you have tried it yet. Buy the Cardas covers for the unused jacks on the back of the pre-amp you won`t believe how much quiter the thing gets.You can also wrap the tubes in lead and run a ground wire from it to chassis ground. Greg