Best new amp under $2k?

After reading a spirited review of McCormack's DNA-125 and Belles Hotrod 150A in December's Stereophile I am interested in what you think is the best in this category. The biggest attraction to this class of amp (under $2k) is the value everyone seems to talk about. You know, 80-90% of the performance of the big boys at a third of the cost. Any and all thoughts are welcome.
128x128dtwomey
I use KT 88.Sovtek.I tried KT90 but they where a bad set so i never did really find out what they could sound like.I have put Amprex 12AX7NOS in them this was a nice upgrade.My Rogue 88 had 6550C Svetlana and sounded very nice. I have Coincident IC from my sources TT/CD.I have a Audioquest Quartz from Pre to Amp and i am getting Coincident Speakers cables.I had a set for trial and i have now purchased a pair on this site and will get them this week.I have Super Conquests.Which speakers do you use.
It really depends on your other equipment which one will work for you. Sam Tellig did a good job of expalining the differences, while he prefers the Musical Fidelity A3CR amp, he explains why others may like the McCormack DNA 125 or Belles Hot Rod 150. Actually he had 3 of the best SS amps for under $2,000 together for comparison.
Thanks for the information Leafs. I too, am using Coincident speakers. Digital Masters w/Troubass subwoofers. The best way to explain them is to picture Wilson WATT/Puppies ala Israel Blume. Very easy to drive, and wonderful, relaxed(unlike Wilson), yet detailed sound. Coincident used to produce some pretty interesting speakers. Israel's mantra was to have no parallel cabinet walls, and they also got into coincident(tweeter and mid) drivers. Have you ever seen any of their product literature from pre 1998? Each speaker had its own unique cabinet design. They put out some REALLY cool stuff. I guess success is a double edged sword, as the time and labor required to produce those interesting cabinets would not allow them to keep up with demand. I think your Rogues are a good combination with Coincident. I had the match for a little while, and found it superb. I think Rogues sound best with KT88s. Next time you retube, give the JJ(Czechoslovakia) KT88s a try. I think you will find them the best of the bunch. Much better sounding to me than Russian KT88/6550.
After reading that article in Stereophile, it helped me to make the desecion to buy a Belles 150A, what also helped was that I found a 3 channel version right here for $750. I thought the 3 channel would be better for me, driving my B&W N805 and HTM2.. now I am clean all across the front. Has anyone else out there heard this combo?
hey magasam, that's what i like about sam tellig - i could swear that he liked the belles best, even tho he said technically it wood prolly only get a *b* rating instead of the *a* that the m/f amp got... ;~)

doug