Best new amp under $2k?

After reading a spirited review of McCormack's DNA-125 and Belles Hotrod 150A in December's Stereophile I am interested in what you think is the best in this category. The biggest attraction to this class of amp (under $2k) is the value everyone seems to talk about. You know, 80-90% of the performance of the big boys at a third of the cost. Any and all thoughts are welcome.
128x128dtwomey
The Van Alstine 350 and 550 HC amps are well worth a look. The 350 is under $2K new and is 160 hybrid wpc. Some of the best customer service in the industry and based in Minneapolis. I have a 350hc and could not be happier. Every bit as good as the big bucks stuff.
ok, dtwomey - here's a shameless plug: how about my electrocompaniet aw100? all the detail of good solid-state, w/all the warmth of tubes! adwertised rite here on audiogon for $995 obo! ;~)

seriously, i tink electro amps are wery nice - only reason i'm selling mine is it's not bridgeable, & i want a bridgeable wersion to match up w/my aw75.

regards, doug

I've been very pleased with the performance, power, reliability and revealing sound of the Muse 160 mkII. I believe it's $1900 list.
I just listened to the Marsh amp(200 watt) and it is a Killer amp. 3d in a big way, smooth, detailed, great soundstaging. All this for under 2k. If you get a chance this is a must listen.
The Rogue is a good choice.I had one for about 6 months very special in Triode.My speakers are 92 db and i was able to play as loud as i would ever want.90+ dB with no effort. I switched to the Rogue 120 Monoblocks.You can get them used 1700/1800.If you speakers are less than 90dB they might be a better choice.