What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse
Had a great listening session yesterday. I started out with Mum – Finally We Are No One. This is not their best effort, but pretty fun nonetheless. They are a bit like Sigur Ros so that may give you some reference.

After the mellowness that is Mum, I was ready to turn up the volume a bit. So I moved on to Pinback – Blue Screen Life. They are a fairly recent discovery for me and I just can’t listen to this one enough. Very unique sound with an excellent singer as well. Excellent recording. I actually listed to about four of the tracks again because I didn’t want this to be over!

Next was Jason Falkner – Bliss Descending. I have a very high regard for Jason’s style of progressive rock. After a song or two on Bliss, I just wanted to move on to his masterpiece, presenting Author Unknown though. Not that Bliss wasn’t recorded well, because it was, but Author Unknown is such a great listen and of course I didn’t have unlimited time, so I just advanced to this brilliant record and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Wanting to stay on a progressive track, I pulled out Owsley’s self-entitled disc from 1999. Better recording quality than I had remembered and though I couldn’t find it written plainly on the disc, Gracenote says it is an HDCD.
Unfortunately that disc would end the session. But I guess that listening to four and portion of a fifth disc isn’t too bad for some quality listening time.

*So today I am online sampling some of the records that Ghosthouse has so graciously recommended. I first listened to Stars of the Lid – Virginia and Kahanek Incident 3 and then back to SoTL “and Their Refinement of the Decline”. Refinement was clearly my favorite out of these three ambient pieces.

Then I moved on to Younger Brother – The Last Days of Gravity. I really liked this one and it is now on my Wish List at Am*zon.

I did also listed to some Russian Circles, but not really new and different enough to keep my interest.

Also checked out Mono. Much closer to my likings and will go back to listed to a few other pieces.

Finally, I am now currently listening to Edgar Varese - Amériques. I think this is my favorite of the day. So many thanks to Ghosthouse for this recommendation especially. If you have not heard Edgar Varese, go to YouTube and check his stuff out. Very creative and enveloping. It is worth the listen.
Pokey - gratifying that you took time to listen to all those suggestions. Especially pleased Varese clicked for you. Thanks also for your suggestions. You are providing me with a new window on music.

BTW - going back to Prefuse led indirectly to (re) finding St Germain. I'd heard some tracks on Pandora but didn't remember the name correctly. Couldn't locate it again. Check out St Germian's Boulevard (also Tourist). Either "deep house" or trip hop depending on who you believe. Either way, works for me.
Ghosthouse – it is gratifying that you took time to make to all those suggestions, really. The Varese stuff is pretty ground-breaking to say the least. And I have to say that it reminds me of Prefuse 73 some. I like all the different layers and instruments. It is very cool. I put Ionisation / Ameriques on my wish list. From the reviews I’ve read, Pierre Boulez has the right take on Varese’ compositions. And I sure liked what I heard on Am*zon.

I’m listening to St. Germain right now, Boulevard. Also listed to other tracks last night and really like them too. Great background music and nice for reading or just relaxing to. The Tourist album is more Jazzy than Boulevards for sure and I think I like Boulevard better. I’ll be digging around some more on St. Germain in the future.