What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse
Pokey -
Quite a bit of overlap in our listening preferences.
I just ordered Blue Screen Life & Information Retrieved

Re SOTL...I own "...and Their Refinement of the Decline" and will order Avec Laudenum soon. The Tired Sounds" and "Music for Nitrous Oxide" can be heard as full recordings on YouTube.

I messed up the spelling, that should have been The Kahanek Incident. YouTube link here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxqVrgFOk3o

Did try out Prefuse but it was way too dissonant for me.
Stumbled on Younger Brother as a result of an earlier post about a Zero -1 sampler. Check out The Last Days of Gravity. Also, if you don't already know him, see if you can find anything by Edgar Varese. He's an American classical ("aleatory") composer...had an LP of short compositions years ago that I did enjoy though I can't really abide John Cage.

W/respect to post-rock (kindred to Explosions in the Sky) try Russian Circles and Mono (Japanese outfit). Recent YouTube discoveries for me though I can't honestly say I enjoy them tremendously.

I'm somewhat familiar with Leaf. Try Tycho's Past is Prologue or Dive.

I do like some alt country. Have most of Wilco's (think their stuff is well-recorded) and one by Son Volt. Jeff Tweedy can get a little "precious" or otherwise annoying at times. Have a high regard for Lucinda Williams.

Well, that's quite the music download. Hopefully not too tedious to you.
Audiogoner Theo turned me on to a new group that I had never
heard of: Delta Rae "Carry The Fire". Great
harmonies and pretty good songwriting. I am enjoying it.

I am now listening to "Memphis" from Boz Scaggs.
Every time I listen to this album, I'm just blown away! It's
EXCELLENT. My vote for the best album of 2013.
Ghosthouse, yes plenty of overlap. I really like Tycho. I've heard Past is Prologue and thought it quite good but could only find it as an mp3 download so I passed. I would really like to have it on CD.

Did you mean Zero 7? I have the CD Simple Things and like it allot.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I've got some work to do this weekend!

PS - Try the record "Extinguished: Outtakes" by Prefuse 73. This is the most accessible CD and I really do think once you've listened a few times you will be hooked. This CD is full of hooks and beautiful harmonies and repetitive wonders.
Hey Mofi...thanks the music recommendations. Listened to Memphis samples on Amazon. As one of the reviewers commented, can certainly hear Al Green in some of the tracks. I liked "Cadillac Walk" (Willy DeVille). Going to check out Delta Rae too.
Pokey - I'll give Prefuse another try w/Extinguished: Outakes.
OK...I'm trying but I don't know if Prefuse is ever gonna happen for me. A few
things work - or at least moments in them - like Robot Snares, Golden Pavilion
Temple, For Some But Not.... but mostly too much sonic gravel toothbrush. To
quote the man, "For some but not for me".

Likin' this 'tho...
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=letuN0Dlliw[/url]