Need help finding a subwoofer that is...

sealed, front-firing, with a phase inversion switch & a 2nd (or) 4th order crossover (as low as possible)(and if someone can explain what this type of crossover is, i'd be most appreciative!). it must move plenty of air but speed is paramount! (to be used with Merlin VSM Milleniums for audio only!) thanks for the help--i don't know where to start personally. rhyno
128x128rhyno
Check out the goods at www.rel.net There should be one that fits your needs and REL subs are hard to beat at any price point.
Most of the REL's have adjustable crossover at about 2 Mhz intervals. The crossover is not actually a crossover, since the adjustment is on the sub, which lets your speakers run full range. Why do you want forward firing ?? The best RELs for music are the down firing ones. The forward ones are for HT. The Stratus III is a sealed unit. I think the Stentor is also.
The best I have heard (better than the REL's) is the Talon Audio "Roc". It is (very) fast and will move air like you wouldn't believe. The unit has a frequency "cut-off" dial. Check it out at www.talonaudio.com. The guys at Talon report that is is fast enough to negotiate a 900hz cutoff frequency. Regards, Mike PS> I have the Talon Khorus and I know first hand that these guys are for REAL.