Tubes & Audio Research Corp.

When Audio Research ships a set of tubes, they have them individually marked to match a certain area where they want you to install them. As long as they are the same type of tube does it make a difference which tube goes where? Are you better off buying replalcement tubes through Audio Research and pay 3 times the normal price for them for the testing they do?
haydn_josef
I'd like to talk to "highend" to see who he really is, and check your invoice. Please call me at 909-931-9686 or e-mail me at [email protected] and I will call you on our dime. You are promoting another tube dealer. You slam me without specifics complaints, then say in another header "Keep them comming, maybee we can save some others" etc (and by the way...learn to spell) I want to look up your invoice, and I keep every e-mail for YEARS and will happily post info relating to ANY transaction here. If I did anything wrong I will make it right. But you know what? I doubt that will happen. Because you are not being truthful. In absence of your real identification, people should read through the lines on this one.
Your an interesting guy, Greysquirell. It's sad your ARC amp blew. But they don't have plate fuses, so they lose resistors. That's the design of the amp. Any power tube can fail. But we burn them in using ACTUAL ultralinear connected amps for your safety. Then I go in while the lights are off and check for unusual activity in the screens in the dark. Anyone in the area is welcome to see how we do it. Nobody else does that. As to your assertion that the Tungsram E88CC your friend bought were not NOS nor Tungsram, that is a REALLY dumb comment. Why don't you tell me specifically how you came to that conclusion?????????????? I will give him the name and number of a guy that will pay him a lot he bought them from us for. That tube was so hot we took off the market because we got "swarmed".
I think it is very forthright that Upscale Audio has offered to bring this in the open. If any of you guys have really got a complaint, here is your chance to resolve the issue. As I said in an earlier posting, Kevin has given me only EXTREMELY accurate information, and excellent service. He even exchanged a six month old 12AX7 Mazda tube that should have been out of warranty. I told the truth when I said that it was part of such a large group (in the purchase) that I had only been running it for about a week when the failure occurred. I returned it, Kevin checked it out, and replaced it at no charge. He even paid the shipping. I cannot find fault in this type of service. Perhaps if others have had a bad experience, you should state your case and resolve this misunderstanding.
No one in specific was mentioned.There are more than one guy selling tubes out of California.I guess someone is feeling guilty.
Danvetc.Go for the tubes dont be scared off by this thread.Like everyone and all bussiness.Some have good and some have bad experiences.I have overall had great dealings with 99% of the people I have dealt with.Go for the glow.