Tubes & Audio Research Corp.

When Audio Research ships a set of tubes, they have them individually marked to match a certain area where they want you to install them. As long as they are the same type of tube does it make a difference which tube goes where? Are you better off buying replalcement tubes through Audio Research and pay 3 times the normal price for them for the testing they do?
haydn_josef
Man, are you guys trying to scare me off right when I was thinking of going tubular?
If the California guy you guys are speaking of is Kevin at Upscale, I have had excellent results with him. If he refuses to sell to certain people, it may be because the products he carries are low in supply, high in demand, and he feels like he cannot afford to offer much in the way of telephone advise, unless there is a retail sale to make up for the time. I am only guessing about this, but I have bought over $3000.00 worth of NOS tubes in about four telephone calls, and all the tubes were EXACTLY as described and promised. Granted, I did not need much advise, only what he had in stock and how much money he wanted. I have purchased tubes from Ned at Triode, Antique in Arizona, Svetlana (I have an account, direct), New Sensor (account there as well), and from Bruce Berman in New York, Vintage Tube Service (Andy Bowman), Elmira Electric, Salt Lake Instrument and others. I have had NO bad experiences with any of these suppliers. Maybe I am lucky, or perhaps there are other factors that are not being talked about here?
Danvetc There is no reason to get scared. BUT if you can honestly listen to solid state over tube gear without it making a difference to you I say GO SOLID STATE. "How they gone ta keep them down on the farm after they've seen Pariee?"
Albert, If you have an account w/Svetlana, do you know what the deal is with the Svet 300Bs? I can't find them anywhere, and I've heard that Svet is no longer making them. It would be disappointing if this is true.... Svet won't take phone calls from the great unwashed, so I can't get any definitive answers. New Sensor was no help when I asked them either.
I'd like to talk to "highend" to see who he really is, and check your invoice. Please call me at 909-931-9686 or e-mail me at [email protected] and I will call you on our dime. You are promoting another tube dealer. You slam me without specifics complaints, then say in another header "Keep them comming, maybee we can save some others" etc (and by the way...learn to spell) I want to look up your invoice, and I keep every e-mail for YEARS and will happily post info relating to ANY transaction here. If I did anything wrong I will make it right. But you know what? I doubt that will happen. Because you are not being truthful. In absence of your real identification, people should read through the lines on this one.