Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Ha, I wondered if Al was who you were referring to, Bruce! I've been following this thread for a while and re-read a lot of it to pass the time before my unit arrives. And I recalled Al's interest. In fact, I'd recalled that Al was interested in grabbing one of these, so I figured I'd give him first dibs on this HDP-4 if it didn't work in my system. Least I could do for all the great contributions from the great Almarg!

Yeah Al, the HDP-5's touchscreen looks mighty cool. I was a little surprised that they didn't go with the linear power supply on the HDP-5 though. Just looked at the comparison grid re: the HDP-5, are there any other substantive differences other than touch screen, internet connectivity and power supply that you've been able to find out about?
Thanks very much, Roscoe. Yes, I noticed that the HDP-5 has the "low noise" switching power supply, presumably similar if not identical to the one used in the PreMate, rather than the linear supply used in the -4. Just speculating, but perhaps the reason is simply related to internal real estate, with the touch screen and its associated circuitry taking up too much space to allow the presumably larger linear supply to fit.

As far as I've been able to tell from the website the only difference between the -4 and -5 besides the ones you cited is that the -5 includes the USB interface module as standard, within its $1K higher price, rather than as a $500 option.

Enjoy! Best regards,
-- Al
To Al & Roscoe - when you get your DEQXs' I am happy to help with any aspect of explanation or setup if you need it...
Thanks very much, Drewan. I've been keeping in mind the kindly offer of assistance you had made earlier in the thread.

Best regards,
-- Al
Yes, many thanks Drewan. That is very very much apreciated. I will likely be in touch after the DEQX arrives. You rule!