Preamp/Processor indecision!

It's like pairing food with wine. It all sounds good to me. Here is my set-up thus far: Martin Logan reQuests (f) Logos (c) Aerius (s) Sunfire True Sub, 3 McIntosh 2255 amps, all tied together with MIT gear. Now, I am looking for a pre/pro that will do justice to both music and theater. Weighted a bit to the theater side. These are what I've been considering heavily. B&K Ref 30, Lexicon DC-2, MAC MSD4, Adcom GTP 750, Sony ES9000, Parasound AVP2500 and the Sunfire Theater Grand. I know there are much better out there, but the budget is $2000-3000. Am I missing something? What do you think?
listen
Hey, does anyone have EX pre/pro recommendations in roughly the same price range?
I have been doind extensive research for the past 8 months. The B&K ref 30 is the clear winner. It includes DD, DTS and EX
Of all you listed, Lexicon DC2 wins hand out. I own the MC1 and can't be happier. Their Logic7 is even better than the EX stuff, I think. Check out the new Home theater Magazine for the complete review of their Logic7. For all the reviews including EAD, Proceed, Adcom, Sony ,etc... Check this site out and just do a search for the brand name or model you're interested in. http://ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?search=lexicon
I am also looking for a preamp/processor that will perform well in 2 channel. Currently I have Levinson 380s, Revel Salon front speaker, Linn center & surrounds, Linn Klimax Solo amps, Tara The 2 Cable. A Marantz SSP feeds through the Levinson for Home Theater. Is there a Preamp/SSP that will perform as well as the Levinson on 2 channel and do a great job on home theater as well?
The California Audio Labs SSP-2500 is probabely the best sounding hometheater preamp on the market. I compared it to almost all processor before buying it. Dick Hardesty of Widescreen Review said it betters ever unit that he has heard by substantial margin. But with that said, and I own the unit, it is not as good as the Levison preamps on 2 channel, no surround processor is. But is a hell of a lot closer than any other unit of its type. Meridian, Theta even the new Casablanca II, Proceed, Aragon, EAD or any other processor is going to offer you the very best sound on two channel. Cal Audio significantly closes the gap close enought that I love the unit. But, any number of 2 channel pre-amps I know of can beat any of the best surround processors.