Help Levinson 27.5, 331 or Plinius SA100?

I'm looking at these amps for my system of Sonic Frontiers SFL-2, SFT-1 transport, Theta Pro Basic IIIa, Vandersteen 2Ce SIgnatures.

Since I listen to complex orchestral music, as well as jazz & vocals, I want an amp with a big, open, pinpoint soundstage that separates individual instruments well. But I also want to hear each instrument as an individual entity, with bloom and dimension. I dislike sibilance or brightness, but don't want a rolled-off sound either.

I want too much, right?

Reading reviews on Audioreview.com, each of these amps received widespread praise.  Some loved the older Levinsons, such as the 27.5 & 23.5, and criticized the newer (331-336) models as disjointed or rolled off or unreliable.

A number of 331-336 owners loved the pieces to death.

Most loved the Plinius.

I want to get to the bottom line on these pieces.  Can someone help?
kevziek
I have tried the ML 331 in may high resloution system w Muse CDP and Muse pre and Audío Artistry Dvorak speakers. The ML was OK but not nearly as good as the Rowland model 2. The Rowland has a more realistic warm alost tubelike sound without losing out in details and soundstage and dynamics. The Rowland is used about 2500USD and makes a fantastic match w Muse 3 pre.
I sold my 27.5, which was an excellent amp, and bought a 334. The 334 is a much better amp, bass, mids, highs and soundstage is outstanding. I would agree 100% with LEV335, the 334 is a great amp that will keep you engaged for a long time.
We have had a pair of Vandie 2Ce Sigs in on trade and plugged them into our system for a few weeks. We enjoyed their presentation in our high end system as well as in the front channels of our home theater system.

Although we have not heard the 27.5, 331, 334, or 335 from ML, but we have had the opportunity to audition the ML No.33. These are very nice monoblock amplifiers. However, with the Von Schweikert VR-10s, they seemed to have been missing some musical depth and imaging, although their sure power was awesome (the fuses worked well also).

We have had received a very enjoyable music experience with the 2Ce Sigs connected to our reliable little gem that is built like a tank, the Clayton Audio S40 pure class A solid state stereo amplifier. The musical qualities were superb. Imaging, soundstaging, depth, clear vocals, smooth extended highs, tuneful and extended bass -a lively presentation that will get your feet a tappin'. The only thing that we feel could improve the sound with this lower efficiency speaker system is more power. The S40 ) only put out 80 wpc into 4 Ohms (the latest model s40 has 50 wpc into 8 Ohms, which ours only has 40 wpc into 8 Ohms). Good enough for a small room, but if you have a medium or large room, and play music at more than just moderate levels, more power is recommended.

The S40 and M100 have been reviewed in Sound Stage.

The Clayton M100 monos (100 wpc, pure class A) will close the gap on power requirements, and still offer the same musical signature as the S40. And the Clayton S2000 (250 wpc, pure class A, fully balanced stereo design) puts you even closer to a musical utopia.

We cannot comment on the Plinius, because we have not had the opportunity to audition this brand yet.

Happy upgrading!
i have owned Krell 300S, Krell 300 FPB amf a ML 335...all
seemed to lack that certain something...they are to mechanical, too detailed and too anylytical. i had a hard time getting into the music...I since have "stepped down"
ha ha to a McCormack DNA-2 DLX...these amps are the best kept secret in audio...my B&W 802N's came alive...great pace
and dynamics... less detail (very less actually) but the
emotion of the music was suddenlt THERE. You have to hear it to know what im talking about..im confident you will not be dissappointed
You really can't go wrong with either the 334 or Plinius. I've owned the Plinius SA100 and the Levinson 331. I think the Plinius in class A is more open and extended. The 331 has great mid-range. I personally lean twards the sound of the Plinius just because it's more "there". The major down-fall of the Plinius is in class "A" it draws 1000 watts and creates a huge amount of heat. I loved them both, but I happen to feel my Aloia, at a bit below the cost of the others is a better amp, in all ways. They only put out 35 watts, but I've never felt I was lacking anything. I now bi-amp with two units (something I would have done with the others too)