Best Subwoofer for around $1500.00

I was wondering what people's opinions are regarding the best subwoofer for around $1500.00. There are no specifics, it can be the best music sub, best boom sub, best sounding sub...whatever your opinion leads to. Thanks
mrtrader
My vote is for the Sunfire true sub MKII. I have owned one for about 6 months, ablsolutely no complaints. Flat to 18 hz, ridiculous power, very tight but great excursion for bass hits, versatile, in a different class from all other subs I auditioned in this price range. Definitely give it a try.
I agree...REL Strate III is the best sounding subwoofer in this price range. Never draws any attention to itself and just provides pure, clean bass that integrates seamlessly with my Eggleston Fontaines.
I have read good reviews about the Genesis 900, but it is not made anymore. Anyone know about its replacement, the 928? Thanks
At the top end of the price scale, I like the Muse and the Velodyne HGS models. At the lower end of the scale, I really like the Velodyne FSR-12. They go for about $700-800 used and I really can't hear a difference between it and the HGS-12. I chose models that have high pass electronics that are actually useful. If you go with a good outboard electronic x-over and a sub that lets you bypass its x-over, or you use the sub in conjunction with running your main speakers full range, then the list expands