Why has Netflix gotten greedy?

I've greatly enjoyed renting DVD's from Netflix.com on occasion. But I don't have time to watch 4 movies a month (I like to get family and friends together to watch, and NONE OF US can spare that much time every month). I watch broadcast TV, and I go to movies in the theater. AND I LISTEN TO A HELLUVA LOT OF MUSIC on my stereo. The $16 per month "Marquee Program" is just a gimmick to get all of us who've enjoyed renting periodically to pay a flat rate every month, like cable or DSS. They're now closing their business to those of us who would rent 4 or 5 movies at times when we had the time to watch, and then go 2 or 3 months without renting any. THIS IS CONSPICUOUS SCREWING OF THE CONSUMER, and I say: IS THERE ANOTHER GOOD PLACE ONLINE TO RENT DVD'S?? There definitely should be...
carl_eber
I have used Netflix for about a year and I agree, the Marque program is far more expensive to the infrequent user, I stopped using them except for the free 8 rentals I seem to get from all my little nick nacks, from video cables to connectors I seem to buy. I never had late fees before this system, even though I used to keep some movies for two weeks! I'd need to rent/watch 5+ movies per month to equal the cost of the earlier packages, and let's face it,that's not always possible. It's too bad, I used to love them, now I'm unimpressed.
Thanks Kenny, we're in full agreement. I think they've changed management, or ownership, because they have a totally different attitude now. The last time I used them (before the Marquee bull dung), they tried to charge me a $.99 late fee (they were not returned late)! I got them to remove it, though. THEY'RE JUST OUT FOR EVERY BUCK THEY CAN SCREW YOU OUT OF, NOW...
I have the opposite problem from what most of you are saying. I watch 15 or 20 movies a month. the new Marquee program will only send out four and no others until you have send back those four. When i used to rent i would get 8 or 10 a week and return them within a week. It was great, for me the problem is having an upper limit of four dvds out at a time. i do agree tht they are now not very cooperative about when dvd get returned to them. it's part of capitalism, give them honey to lure them to a place and then change the groud rules once your there and less likely to go some where else.
Baiting and switching isn't part of capitalism, it's part of dishonest business practices.
I joined Netflix' Marquee program and am pleased with it. I love the convenience, and don't think $16 a month is unfair, given that I pay that much for my wife and I to go one movie a month. During the summer, when there is nothing but crap on TV, I will watch at least DVD movies a week, and sometimes more. Netflix is a business, and individuals who find it does not suit their viewing habits always have their local DVD rental store (after you get in the car, drive to the store, etc..............)