Need preamp suggestions

I'm looking for a low-end preamp to be matched with a Carver A753x amplifier. Decent headphone output is a plus. Thanks for your help!
gaul
A used anthem pre 1L tube pre amp . Used about $700.HAS HEADPHONE JACK. No trntble.jacks.Current tube Preamps works very nice with solid state amps.best of both worlds.Check reviews.
Would it be best to stay with a Carver preamp to go with the carver amp? Because the two options for Carver amps are the 26TV for 239 or the 29Tv for 499. That Adcom does look good, but how does it compare to the Carvers? I think the Anthem may be a little more than I want to spend. Thanks for the advice. =)
one more thing, if the adcom is my best choice, should I get an adcom amp also? what about the GFA 5400? it would save me a little more than $200 over the carver a753x, though the carver is more powerful and thx certified.
one more thing, if the adcom is my best choice, should I get an adcom amp also? what about the GFA 5400? it would save me a little more than $200 over the carver a753x, though the carver is more powerful and thx certified.
If you're considering Adcom, I have a very clean GTP-500II Tuner/Preamp for $250. It has phono input, headphone jack,tone control bypass and remote. Sold new for $600. Only reason for selling is to change to surround system.