You know you're an audiophile if--

You just got a pair of speakers you can barely move yourself (inverse proportionality with age probably too)

The first house you bought cost less than your current stereo investment (ditto)

You have boxes of cables with which you don't know what to do
128x128vermonter
Greatest thread ever on the gon. Now we just need a comedian to deliver the lines at an audiophile comedy club.

...when you turn off your refrigerator, furnace (winter), AC (summer) during listening sessions. My listening room doubles as a sauna in summer, a refrigerator in winter.
When you make a good money-saving deal on a non-audio item and justifiably think....."Hmmm.....I can buy a new amp, speakers, etc. with the $$$ I saved!"
You have the Audiogon website open perpetually at work and at home... Just so you don't miss a deal.

You meet your favorite equipment designer or recording engineer and you feel like you are meeting a movie or rock star.

You convert your garage into a listening rooms with dedicated lines. Then you realize it has no heating. You now have justification to go buy those insane tube amps you have been drooling over forever. Because actual indoor HVAC heating would be very expensive.

You have decided to pull most of your money out of the stock market and invest only in tubes. Because tubes never go down in value.

You have thought about being buried in one of your rather large speakers.

Police have been called over to your house by your neighbors, and when they arrive and hear your system, they are floored by the sound of it so much, they think your neighbors are nuts, and only issue a warning.

A robber breaks into your house and thinks he hit the jackpot. Then he tries to pick up and carry off one of your expensive looking [but heavy as hell] amplifiers... Next he tries to move your 250 lb speakers... Having no idea the value of the cables of your system, he frustratingly ends up taking your Playstation 3 that you use as a Blu Ray player. You are relived because it is by far less expensive than even most of the power cords in your system.

Keith
You have put together an awsome high powerd SS system. You have been through a dozen power, speaker, interconnect cables. component matching has taken years. It sounds spectacular, you love it....then the doubt sets in. What if tubes really do you get (closer) to musical truth...But ..these speakers won't work with tubes...

You have EVER used the terms "musical truth" "pin point imaging" or "organic sounding" when discussing your stereo.

Your teenage kids bring friends over and and you overhear "that is my dad, and that is his stereo...he hears things"....DON'T TALK TO HIM!!