CES in Las Vegas worth the trip?

I'm considering going to CES show in Las Vegas (jan 9-13 I believe). Biggest reason, I'd love to go somewhere where I can hear different setups, different speakers, different amps, etc.

Do you think it's worth the trip?
128x128dennis_the_menace
You definitely should go to the CES--it is fun and you get to see equipments from other countries that would never get to the dealer's showroom. Also, you get see a lot of new video and telecommuication gadgets.

This will be my fifth trip and have already got my airplane ticket. I can't wait.
To expand the topic a little, what about the smaller Montreal show as an alternative? Sure, there's not the same low priced buffets and hotels as in Las Vegas, but wouldn't things be a bit less hectic and addictive in Montreal? Also, apart from the show itself, isn't that city is just as licentious as LV, but in a more cultivated, European way? Just some idle thoughts on *which* show....I agree they're all a lot of fun for those who want to explore equipment more than, say, music, although even at best you're fighting crowds for an off-axis or obstructed seat in a usually acoustically non-optimal room run by often exhausted and cranky personnel. (Although some of the designers can be available to chat.) But it's marvelous because the attendees are at least as esoteric as the gear.
Fatparrot- The SHOW or the EXPO will be at the San Remo this year. Next to the Tropicana and across from the MGM Grand.

Too bad. While I agree that the hotel rooms at the Alexis Park are horrible for the CES exhibits, I thought the Tuscany had some excellent large rooms. I've stayed at the San Remo and thought it was a dump, so I have no expectations that the environment there will be flattering to the exhibits. Too bad - I think the big Kharmas are going to be a The SHOW driven by the Tenor amps. Last year the Kharmas were driven quite impressively by Lamm monos. I'd listen to that system in the parking lot.
Last year was also my first show, and first trip to Vegas, and to say it was well worth it is a great understatement. Albert is correct ... it is more of a social event than a serious audition. Go and enjoy!
Here is the real truth:
Even if you won't like CES in LV you'll(i bet) love Las Vegas just by itself or you can even try your fortune there:^)

P.S. It seems to me that we(audiofiles) are being ignored by the hotel builders and we should clearly state to them that we want hotel rooms treated and designed for proper acoustics:^)