Austin, TX

I found a couple hits in the forum search but didn't see any evidence that anything came together. I want to start a "user group" here in Austin where we can get together and listen to each others music and equipment. If you're interested, send an email to [email protected] and I'll try to put together a yahoo group or something simple like that where we can set up a forum and/or mailing list.

We had one get-together at Whetstone Audio (several years ago now) that I thought was pretty fun, so Brian if you're watching please send me an email if you have/had an email list that we can start with.

Happy Listening,
Dean
dburdick
Hi Dmgrant,
Well maybe you can make it next time or we can just get together and spin a few discs & LPs sometime.

As for a TT guy, I cannot for the life of me remember his name but he owns an audio shop here in north Austin(not the one on Koening), he really knows his way around a TT. You could also email Scott Oliver he is quite knowledgeable and helpul as well as knowing whom I'm talking about. Sorry but I can't remember his name or the name of his shop. If I can find it I'll post it for you. Talk soon....
Sincerely,
John
You might mean Brian at Sound Mind Audio -- on Anderson Sq near 183. Great guy, sells Nottingham tables. Definitely worth talking too, he loves music and gear and will not send you wrong. Casey at Ne Plus Ultra also sells very high end stuff and has a variety of tables. The dealer on Koenig is Audio Systems, also sell some TT, not sure of the lines, maybe Rega. One of those three could help, but try Brian first.
That's it!! Brian, Sound Mind Audio. Thank you.

Oscar, you too are invited to my audio meet if you would like to attend. You are more than welcome and I would like it if you could make it, the more the merrier!!
Regards,
John
Thank you - that's a generous offer -- if I can make it, I will. Saturdays are not great for me as I have a young son but I'd love to meet some fellow audiophiles.
Just to make any of you that may have intended to come to the meet at my house, the date has been changed to Oct 6th.

John