Baltimore MD

Anybody interested in starting a club or discussion grp
paulelliott01da
I do not know, never tried this before. Maybe try to meet somewhere for discussion on what everybody wants out of a club. Some nuetral place after work one evening. Resturant maybe for dinner?
I've had several informal "listening" parties w/ friends. Everyone brings a recording or two that is notable for one reason or another and introduces it to the group...a great way to sample new music or new formats. Discussion has always touched upon gear and sometimes a component or two shows up (e.g. headphone amp, headphones, ICs, etc.)...just a thought.
Well, I have a friend who lives in St. Louis that started an audio club out there. I think they call it the Gateway Audio Society. They have a dedicated discussion forum on Audio Circles. Here's the link: http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewforum.php?f=70&sid=62f27250d94010363be3def14e707177
There's maybe 7 or 8 regular members and probably a few other less frequent participants. They generally meet whenever a few of them have time and someone is willing to host at their home. When they started they were meeting every other weekend (at least that's the impression I got from my friend's emails), but now I don't think they meet that often. They go over the host's house, bring some equipment of interest, have a few beers, some munchies, listen to various components that the members have brought and talk about, well, audio stuff. Later, they will post remarks and pictures of the meetings on Audio Circle. Just one example of how a club can work. I'm sure there are bigger clubs and smaller clubs with different variations of goals and how they meet. Personally, I like the way the Gateway Audio Society does it as I am most interested in hearing different components and equipment. Any other thoughts?
Great idea. This is what I've been waiting for. I live in Baltimore city. I could have some people over to my place for beer and snacks to get things started (I'll have to check my schedule and see when I could do this). Or, as mentioned previously, we can meet for dinner.

Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Michael
I actually like the idea of dinner to get to know each other and figure out what we might like to do. From the posts so far, Reisterstown might be a good location for a dinner meeting. If you go to headfi.com you will find a lot of posts reporting on meetings at someone's home and on the equipment used. I think comparing components and listening to new music would be interesting. It will take a few meetings to get to know each others interests and figuring out where to take this. It might be best to start off informally. Let's try for a meeting soon while there is some momentum.