Ottawa, Ontario

Hello,

Anyone in the Ottawa area interested in a once a month listening session?

matthew
mcrosier
I work in Ottawa but live in Montreal, I'd love to drop by some member's homes and hear some systems. The only system I can offer up to listen to is my office system:

- Consonance Opera Cyber 10 Tube Integrated with NOS tubes
- Micromega Basic CD player
- SAE Model Two tuner, Magnum Dynalab Silver Ribbon Antenna
- Totem Rokk bi-wire monitors
- Goertz Micropurl 1m single-ended interconnects
- DH Labs Q10 speaker wire with WBT0600 Bananas (speaker) and WBT spades (amp)
- no room treatments (yet)
- Sennheiser HD600 headphones with Cardas wire

I know this isn't necessarily "high end" but after all it is an office system. I can dismantle and move any or all of the system for listening if required, just need some decent stands for the speakers. Please contact me through the 'Gon.

Best, Jeff (the artist formerly know as jeffloistar)

Hello Jeff

Thanks for the reply. That's quite the office set-up you have. I don't think my home system will overwhelm you. I have a pair of Dynaudio A72's as my floorstanders and a pair of Totem Model 1's as my monitor's. I run Classe 100 monoblocks and an Adcom GFP 750 Pre-Amp. I use a VPI Jr with a Rega 300 arm and Rega Super Elys and a Classe CDp .5. The cables are Ultralink Ambiance and the interconnects are Cardas with Eichmann Bullets.

Where I excel is my music collection. Everything from Indian Classical to Punk to electronica to old tyme country. With the majority being jazz and Western Classical.

I live out in the Kanata area. If you might like to get together to listen to tunes and discuss hi-fi. Let me know.

thanks, matthew
Matthew and Jeff

I'd be interested too. I'm a west ender like Matthew, and I'm always looking for new listening experiences. My system is posted here, and my listening room is always open.

Paul Chefurka
Well we appear to be off and running. With a listening session already scheduled.

If anyone else is interested please let us know.

all the best

matthew
Well the first night went well. Great music and good conversation. We listened to: Calamus, The Creaking Tree String Quartet, Bill Frisell and Bob Brozman. We listened with and without the tube buffer. Opting to go without the buffer, mostly because the buffer isn't burned in yet. Plans are in the works for a second night.

matthew