Like Herbie Hancock's funk, more please

I've found myself listening to Herbie Hancock's finkier albums (Thrust, Manchild, Headhunter) over and over again lately. Who else was (or is) doing that kind of funky fusion?
128x128macdonj
try miles davis' Bitches Brew,might be considered one of the first fusion music.
I think the Brecker Bros. did it up right. They got tons o' stuff. George Duke of the 70's and some 80's funks out.
Try Dexter Wansel. There is a dual cd out that has first four albums on it and it would be representative of this era. Go to one of the www.cd websites to audition the sound clips to make sure though.
I might suggest going to www.dustygroove.com and start browsing around. Probably one of the premier sources for such stuff on the web. Even if they do get a little too enthusiastic in their descriptions at times... Good people to deal with & lightning-fast turnaround on orders.
If you like Herbie Hancock, try some Weather Report and
Return to Forever. Herbie, Joe Zawinul(keyboards-Weather Report) and Chick Corea (keyboards- Return to Forever)played keyboards at some point for Miles Davis. Listen to Miles' In a Silent Way to hear the birth of Fusion/Funk.