Top resistors

Many threads with opinions on boutique coupling capacitors, but very little consolidated information on the sonics of resistors. Anyone care to share their thoughts on the attributes of their favorite brands & types for specific tube and SS applications? How much of a difference does a good resistor make?

My interest in the topic increased after recently installing the latest Texas Components nude Vishay TX2575 in several SS and tube phono & LS components. This was a proverbial "Ah-ha" moment-- a stray resistor dropped into signal path here or there, surprising with an improvement that equalled or surpassed the impact of a switch to a top coupling cap like V-Cap or Mundorf.
dgarretson
Mr Dgarretson
Thanks for advice about BBAM, how many resistors need to be changed (no diagram). Nice system BTW.
Noticed you´ve changed to bigger batteries, how does it affect the sound (find originals to small).
I will check/measure resistors in DPMC.
Dgarretson!
Thanks, much appreciated.
I would like to show you my system but don´t know how to proceed.

Regards and enjoy the music!
Clabe,
Hopefully you received my email; feel free to reply directly if you want more details.
Today I replaced one resistor in my Starsound amps. I swapped out the parasitic resistor tied to the small air core inductor that goes to a speaker output. The resistors that were in there were North Creek/Ohmite non inductive wire wounds considered one of the very best of this type and for this application. I replaced this resistor with the same value and wattage Duelund. The difference was apparent with one amp playing while hooking up the other. In my office now listening to music from the other room the sound is much more life like and resolute even at moderate levels. More punch more extension detail and transparency. I thought there would be a subtle difference that would carry thru further when I revise my speaker crossovers and their four resistor values..Lets see 4 times the difference I am hearing now with the subsitution of just one would make for a huge difference. I'm glad I already have the Duelund replacements on the way. Again as a replacement for the North Creek/Ohmites in my speakers. Tom