What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Civil & structural engineer, 26. System's worth $15,000 in retail but probably paid $9,000. Home Theater excluded.
I'm guessing no one's seen this kind of response to this question yet.

I'm 42, pastor, and I intentionally have not purchased as high end a system as I'd like; I give very sacrificially to the Lord. I'm investing in the "etherial sound sytem" I will one day enjoy.

However, this has not precluded my being able to, over the past 20 years, cobble together a system valued right at $12k, primarily with second hand components, ensconced in my self-built Home Theater.

Time, planning and persistence can truly reward in amazing ways.

Blessings to all!
I'm a Civil Engineering college student at Cal Poly, SLO
20 years old
Jazz musician for the past 10 years give or take.
And working hard to support the hobby!
At 45, and an Oceanographer, I've been interested in hi-end audio only several years. During this time upgraded numerous times and have arrived at a 2 channel system worth approx. $12k and Home theater worth $5k. At this point in my system, I estimate that additional expenses toward upgrades wouldn't be commensurate with the few percentage points in audio sound obtained. Any other perspectives on this?