Best Integrated Amp You Ever Heard?

I am tired of the Pre-amp+Power-amp game. So, I am in the quest of finding a really really good integrated amp, preferably used, so I can save some money off the original price.
Right now, I have a pair of Triangle Celius (92db), but I would like the amp to be able to drive other not-so-sensitive speakers.

What is the best integrated amp you've ever listened to?

Thanks,

Josep
josep_hernandez
Well, I've heard good and bad SS and tube. Though I tend to like tube gear better than Solid State; I think there are great solid state sounding amps. I consider good the Mac 2275, the Viva Solista, the T+A V10, Accuphase, Krell 400Xi, Lavardin. Even the Creek 4040 (the first model from 1982; the rest were pretty awful) was incredible.

I just think an amp has to reveal 3D presence, fast attack and decay, tempo and dynamics.

Josep
if your budget goes as high as to include the T+A it is a pretty awesome piece other than the name.
I just think an amp has to reveal (...) presence, fast attack and decay, tempo and dynamics
Much of what you seek requires good upper bass & hi freq reproduction in phase. So, spkrs are (a big) part of the equation too.

Speakign of amps, one brand that seems to offer this consistently with various spkrs (including Triangle -- but I only listened to the "Magellan" line) is Symphonic Line. They offer a number of integrateds in their product line.
There are certainly others
Funds permitting, I'm putting my vote in for the Cary 300SEI. I purchased one two years ago with thoughts of simply carrying me over for a couple of months through a system change over. When the time came, I was never able to bring myself to part with it based upon the sheer pleasure it provides.

Some tube rolling and wiring/cap upgrades at Cary, and you've got yourself worldclass musicality for comparitively little cost. Even the power limitation (15Wx2) has posed surprisingly little problem.

The 300 SEIs have been popping up with some frequency over the last several months in the $1800 to $2400 range.

Can't beat it, IMO, and it sure is nice dumping amp stands, shelves, tweaks, cables, etc., etc., etc....

Good Luck.
revox 251.....just purchased the second one...great phono stage, lots of power, absolutely neutral character.