Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
Hi all, My name is Michael (39) I hale from Casper Wyoming. I currently live in Englewood, Colorado. I have had various careers over the years, cabinetmaker, electronic technician (USN), spent a couple of years designing and integrating computer systems for the physically challenged, carpenter and I am currently a digital switch design engineer for a major tellecommunications company. I have a lovely wife of 2 years a wounderfull step daughter and yes a grandson who is three.

I find Agon interesting reading, so many points of view yet everyone has the same goal the best tone possible within their given system. It is nice to find a forum where snobs don't prevail.

In this journey I find myself looking for and listening to quality recordings instead of a particular genre of music.

Thank you Agon members for the education.

Michael
Hi my name is Roger. I am 34 and live near Detroit in Michigan. I am a true audio nut. I have Krell and Martin Logan. I like fast cars also. That's about all besides I am single. Any available women out there?
I'm Robert, I'm married (second time and the last time to a lovely younger woman), I have 2 children with a third in progress (4/27), I am a Dean at a middle school and I build furniture as a hobby. I live 10 minutes from the ocean in SoCal and I like all types of music except country.
I knew it...I'm always the last guy to know about the party...I would have joined earlier but my audiophile pal Dave99 said I had to wait and be voted in by the audio cognescenti community at Audiogon...I wonder after waiting for 3 years to join if he was really kidding or not...I'm a 49 year old guy that has been into audio since 1972...I've owned Quatre Gain Cells...GAS Phoebe...Bryston...Mark Levinson...Krell...Adcom...JR 149's...KEF 101...KEF 104...B & W 802...Soundwave Grand Siloloquy's..Ariston..Oracle Delphi...CM Sound Labs...SAE...and how many other brands I can't remember anymore...At this point of my existence I'm into HTS and for real Hi-Fi I go to Dave99's house and listen to some fine tube gear...My current wife seems to indulge me in whatever avenue I choose to drift down so I'm pretty fortunate in that respect...Kids are grown and somewhat gone so we're having a swell time...
Hello,
Although new to Audiogon, I have been into audio for over twenty years. I have been married to one woman for over 15 years, and we have a twelve year old son. At 41, I am a social worker that specializes in adoption. My wife is usually a good sport about my audio pursuits, although my system is banished to being placed in an armoire in our bedroom. Recently, I got a concession to place a single sub outside the armoire, so life is pretty good. I love classical and jazz music, and have been collecting for years. I listen to music for about one to two hours a day. Gear that I have previously owned includes Carver, Harmon Kardin, and JBL many years ago. When we knew we could get a nice house and still afford to eat, I started back into serious audio gear. I started out with all Rotel separates and JBL monitors. I have since replaced Rotel with a Bryston amp and pre-amp(Dac) while keeping the Rotel cd player. The JBL's were replaced by Harbeth's, which I then replaced with JM LAB monitors. After all this upheavel, I think I am close to being happy with my system. I have had two diferrent B & W subs that I liked, especially the last one, but I am now looking for a sub to go with system. Apart from cords, IC's, cables, and maybe a good surge protection unit, I think I am ready to step off the upgrade-merry-go-round for a while. I have really enjoyed getting to know a little about fellow Audiogoner's.
Best Regards,
John Walker