Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
Johnny7, have fun in your quest, and don'y forget to watch out for the PLANNED emergencies!
Johnny7 You have a great dream list in mind.Your choice of amp,CD player and cables is right on! May I suggest a Rogue Audio 66 or 99 preamp and the Paradigm 40's, 60's or 80's
hi,im tom, and im an audio addict. i cant help myself. i have 7k LPs, about 1kCDs, 100+ open reels, and who knows how many cassettes for the car.
ill be 57 in oct, from buffalo,ny, and have lived thru 2 of the most horrendous earthquakes (71+94) and still wanna live in so cal.
oh the used record scene here is AWESOME! i LOVE paying 50cents to a buk for used LPs.
i use an arc sp3c, adcom555II, fried model h sub/sat system, and my front end is vpi hw19III/smeIV/various carts/cd with a dac in the box, etc.
nothing wrong with adcom amps! the 555II, 5400, the 5500, and the 5800 are all verrrrrrry good. the 565 pre doesnt stnad in the same league with the arc! big surprise, eh?
been marreid twice, tow girls each marriage, 35, 27, 19, and 17.
one left at home, the 19 yr old. the good wife dies ten years ago, the other is still 'herself'. girlfriend, nothihg serious.
nuclear med tech, still licensed as xray tech too, none of that for about 15yrs.
mistakenly logged in here not as hifitommy as i am on AA and AR. will get aroung to changing that someday.
used to have a 340 duster, i loved that car. lions drag strip went away too long ago, i really enjoyed going there. guess ill try palmdale one day.
i claim to hear diffs in wire so take a lot of flack from the chihuahuas at AR.
i listen to KLON (88.1) almost exclusively, a jazz/bllues station from long beachste univ (KLON.org-listen on line). yeah, rock but since kmet died on the vine, only klos comes close. then theres kcrw 89.9, and kxlu 88.9 (very little compression etc) and little else.
TTS=vpihw19III/smeIV/sumiko virtuoso dti vdh/mit w/wbt plugs.
cd=amc cd8/audio alchemy dac in the box. philips cdr too. kimber 8tc/fried H sub/sat, and so on.
so far thats too much info, right?
oh, theres much more but you need your sleep.
me too.
.........regards........tr
Tommy,welcome! You are originally from Buffalo huh?? I live in Wyoming County (cow country) I lived in S.California in the mid 70's for a short time.I had to get out of there before I died due to my lack of control and over indulgence.I wish at times I was still there.Don't you miss our snow?? :)
Hello from Karl. I'm a 30 year old doctor paying off med school debt and trying to save for newer gear. I've been into hifi since CAL came out with its first tubed (cool) CD player.

I'm a former musician (bass) and into new rock and jazz in the experimental underground and on small record labels. You know, bands that you can actually see live for less than 10 bucks. Chicago has been a great place to hear live music. I guess I like older stuff too (Velvet Underground, Bowie, Stones, Nick Drake, Miles Davis, Ornette Coleman...) music that really shaped the sound of things to come. Although Micheal Fremmer put Tortoise on his heavy rotation list a couple a months ago, I feel like this music is largely ignored by audiophiles. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm into hifi because it can be as exciting as going out to a good live show.

My dog uses my power amp (BAT VK 500) as a stand to look outside. Is drool good for capacitors?

I am lucky because my wife is as into music as I am and understands the magic of good hifi. I understand the whole WAF thing but I dislike the stereotype.

I recently moved to Ann Arbor (home of Audiogon?) and have a new stereo room that has been one of my best "upgrades" to date.

Finally, I would just like to thank all those people that buy new hifi equipment. Without the used marketplace, a guy like me would never be able to afford excellent equipment.

-Karl