Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
I'd take Jimmy Page over Clapton or Green, even though I like those guys too. Freddie King was the man though.
certainly not "the best" but some recently discovered young guns for include Chris Whitely, Aynsley Lister (for some too pop but for me enyoyable nevertheless), and Chris Duarte
Buddy Guy? What a hacker. Ronnie Earl can out play BG with on finger. The original question was Clapton or Green. While Eric had a blues sound to his style, this is not true blues as anyone who studied the blues and plays the guitar knows. Green played more to the original blues masters. T-Bone Walker and players from his era were the blues masters that many guitarists learned from, even Stevie. Stevie brought the blues back to a new audience but even he copied many of has licks from the old blues masters. He was more fluid at playing the blues style then they were and much more exciting. I learned to play the guitar because of Duane and then looked at his roots to discover where he got his chops. He also had great tone and energy to his playing. I cried when he died.

Happy Listening.
Bigkidz, calling Buddy Guy a "hacker" is a pretty big insult to a man that has been admired by and shared the stage with most of the great Blues guitarists of the past 50 years. I'm even sure Duane and Ronnie Earl who is one of my favorites, and very under appreciated would strongly disagree with your opinion of a living legend. You must be a pretty special guitarist in your own right to hurl such BS around. I understand we all are entitled to our opinions, but perhaps you could expand on your opinion of Buddy?