Classic rock: best remasters

For rock fans just curious what remasters, recent or otherwise, were a quantum leap over the original vinyl or compact disc release. On the flip side, any original CD releases that are still competitive? Not interested in imports, SACD, etc. Thanks rockers!
128x128phasecorrect
Very true, Phasecorrect. And add to that the CDs that were released with the wrong mastering specs.
Eventually corrected and released but i wonder how long the consumer thought this was the new SOTA.
Peter Tosh Equal Rights legacy end ...wow...sounds amazing...Mark Wilder mastering...world class
Lowrider, I have not compared KC's Court or Poseidon to earlier versions, but the 40th Anniversary Series are 2009 and 2010 remasters. As you explained, there great, everything you said is exactly how they are. Disk 2 on both is a dvd 2004 master edition which I do not have the set up to use, yet.

The bonus tracks are also a nice added plus.
This may not be relevant... I just purchased a well worn (lp) copy of Country Joe & the Fish, "Electric Music for the Mind & Body", VSD.79244 at a record show. Visually, it has lots of superficial surface scratches and other issues. (I can just imagine how many parties and "good times" this lp has seen). After a good cleaning it really sounds fantastic. Here's the kicker, it is a 3E/3F copy. I can only imagine how a clean 1A copy sounds? I think Speakers Corner has reissued this but haven't heard it.

I do have a Speakers Corner reissue of Janis Joplin "I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama" that sounds better than 97% of the stuff I hear these days..

Here's an interesting note: I have, as part of my security system, some glass break sensors. My listening room has one. This room is so well damped, it really takes a lot to trigger this sensor. On records like this one, it is triggered easily. The dynamics are really superb.