REM by MTV

Really enjoyed this documentary on VH1 classic a couple of days ago. Insightful footage of the lads from their Athens' days playing for keg parties and whoever would listen. They came across as being sincerely surprised about their commercial success while all in all creating a great body of work. I remember seeing them open up for the "Swimming Pool Q's at 688 in Atlanta in the early 80's. I thought they were great and giggled at Michael Stipe because he danced like he was having an epileptic fit on stage.
maxnewid
Not really...qualified with "college radio"...these guys were indie before indie existed...reference...a decade before Nirvana
Phasecorrect, you have to admit "Life's Rich Pageant" is a close #3. Then the brief moments of brilliance began.
Life's rich pageant does have a special place...came out in 86 I believe...my first year of college...U2; Cure, and Rem all came out of this collegiate era and were able to go mainstream with the help of mtv and FM radio...back in the late 80s ...if you hit radio...it usually went nuclear (multi-platinum).