Modern day female jazz recommendations

We all know the classics from decades ago. What are your favorite your more contemporary female jazz singers of today?

Living close to Nashville I have the opportunity to see and hear a lot of up and coming artists. Nashville is NOT just country music by a long shot.

I'll start with Diana Krall....
dean_fuller
After hearing her CD at my local audio store last weekend, I was going to add: Cecile Mclorin Salvant's "Woman Child" to the list. However, Jazdoc obviously beat me to it.

My audio dealer, a performing symphonic cellist, couldn't wait to show-off the "Woman Child" CD provided to him by one of his clients. I heard the recording on a pair of well-setup Vandersteen's Model 7's (Mark's setups are always 1st.rate), which didn't at all hurt the presentation (grin). Having never heard of Ms Mclorin Salvant, I too was mesmerized and amazed by her vocal range and abilities!

Thus, I must overwhelmingly second Jazdoc's recommendation! The recording is pretty darn good also. But if it was less than stellar (and it's not), I would nevertheless recommend that you give a listen to this young lady!
Since this thread is active again, let me recommend Voyage by Youn Sun Nah. Her other albums are good, but this one is great.
I heard her live in NYC in a tiny, tiny venue. I was one of only a couple of non-Koreans in the audience.