Budget Power Cords, which brand to choose?

I know budget means different things to different people, I am talking below $1000 new and $600 second hand. I also know they are very system dependent.

I use an Ayre QB9 DAC fed by a Mac Mini and NAS
TW Accustic Raven one/ortofon 309D/SPU synergy
Modwright 36.5 Pre
ARC Ref 75 Power
Daedalus DA-RMa speakers
Bybee stealth power supply

My power cables are Lessloss original and Sablon Audio and very good they are. There appears to be a number of new small companies getting good reports and reviews, particularly WyWires, Silnote and Triode Wire Labs. I already use Wywires Speaker cable and one XLR interconnect, so that may be the obvious choice. Any thoughts on these or other cheaper cables I haven't thought of? Thanks
david12
Hello again David12, I was looking over your system components again and my bet is it probably leans a little bit onto the "revealing side" of midstream? A friend of mine had a pair of Daedalus speakers and aside from their gorgeous woodwork they were very eloquent with vocals and beautifully open and expressive. The ref 75 is probably the best sounding ARC amp made (not that I've heard them all but I have heard it several times and it's superb). Which power output tubes are you running? If you haven't tried the KT150's you owe it to yourself to do so...they are wonderful in that amp. Ironically you probably don't "Need" the extra power with those speakers but I'm sure they would add to the listening experience much more than you would imagine.
As for power cords the most important thing to do of course is to try until you find a winner which is fairly easy to do with outfits like the Cable company and any cable manufacturer who offers in home trial periods.
My enthusiasm for TWL cables is quite sincere, they really do open your system's heart and soul AND Pete offers a generous home trial period. Your stock cables can always be included with whatever equipment you're selling, just so the new owner can turn it on and know it works...otherwise just put them in an obscure box in a forgotten closet and get yourself something aftermarket. In my experience I know of no other easier way to find instant obvious improvement in your system than finding a well matched power cord for your system...it's worth the time.
Good luck with your search and happy Lissn'n!
Thanks for all the replies. Yes I do run the ARC 75 with KT150's and as you say, they do make a difference. I am going to take my unit to the dealer I bought the amp, to compare with an SE version of the 75, with all the Caps and wiring changes. I suspect there will be a big difference and I will go for the full SE upgrade
Have you considered Cabledyne? Based on a glowing review from Mono & Stereo it will be my next purchase when I pay things down.

All the best,
Nonoise
zd542....I have an all Ayre/Vandersteen system, and can tell you the stock cords are only a bit better than no cords at all.
"06-13-15: Stringreen
zd542....I have an all Ayre/Vandersteen system, and can tell you the stock cords are only a bit better than no cords at all."

So, are you saying the stock Ayre cords are good or bad? Reading your post, it looks like it can go either way. I really don't care for PC's on my Ayre gear.