Can Silver Interconnects be bright in your gear

Hi,

I am considering getting a pair of silver interconnects
by Crystal Clear Audio Master Class series.My system tends to lean on the bright side due to my room acoustics.i was just wondering if a pair of silver interconnects can add to this problem?And does anybody have experience with Crystal Clear Interconnects?
128x128zyac39
12-25-14: Charles1dad
I do however find that for what ever reason high quality silver just sounds better than equal quality copper.

Charles, your forgot one very critical point, adding IMHO.

From my experiences, I have found that silver can sound better than copper, gold, or palladium, in certain systems, with certain equipment. Equipment, like cables, have certain sonic signatures. I have found that silver works better with equipment that is more musical, while copper or gold may work better with equipment that is more revealing. Bottom line, there are many ways to achieve sonic nirvana.

Some like revealing cables with musical gear, while others like revealing gear with musical cables. Obviously there are even those who like (or think they like) musical gear with musical cables and/or revealing gear with revealing cables. I add think they like because I do know of some who swear that their gear and cables are both revealing or musical, and my experiences with their gear or cables with other gear or cables leads me to believe otherwise.

For me, this lesson was driven home years ago when I first bought my Parsifal Encores. After a couple of demos at the dealer, I fell in love with them and bought a pair. Up until this point, I had tried silver cables a few times with no success. When I first hooked the Parsifals up in my room to my copper cables, I was very disappointed. The sound was dull and lifeless. Two days moving speakers around did not help at all. I called my dealer and told him of my problems. I knew he was running BAT tube gear, which I also had at the time, it was then that he told me he was running all silver cables. I switched to silver and viola, everything fell into place, the system sounded wonderful again. I lived with the Parsifals for 6 years, and always used silver cables.

At this point in time I do not believe that silver is any better sounding than copper though. It can be with the right equipment. However, copper can also sound better than silver with the right equipment. Another variable is implementation, not all silver, or all copper being equal.

I would like to try Ocellia cables one day, Onda is another one on the list. Too many toys, not enough time or money. I did just pick up a pair of Amadi Cable Maddie Signature interconnects that Bill (Grannyring) is always raving about. I haven't had them long enough to form an opinion yet though. Currently, I am using gold (KCI Silkworm+)ic's, silver and copper (Stealth Hybrid MLT) sc's. I've found that I can live with silver mixed with copper, as long as both are separate solid core conductors. I do not care for plated versions, but I do know folks who do. That is why they make so many different flavors. As always, this is IMHO, obviously YMMV.

The only way to know for sure what works best for you is to try the cables in your own system. Just as no one can tell you which ice cream flavor you will like best, no one can tell you what conductor or cable you will like best. There are no shortcuts, to find the truth, you have to do your own homework. I'll also add that one change can change everything. Change an amp, speakers, etc., and you may well find yourself re-wiring the whole system again.
This does not include those that build their systems around their cables though. Yes some folks love their cables so much that they will change equipment to suit their cables instead of changing cables to suit their equipment, but that is another thread entirely.

Cheers,
John
Hi John,
I don't disagree with one word you have written. When I post my thoughts and opinions I try to make it clear that they are"personal" observations(John I stated personal experience rather than IMHO in my post above, same meaning). There's no intention to make my impressions all encompassing and universal for all, no way. I'll never hear more than a small(tiny) fraction of the many cables available. Even if somehow I did hear them all it wouldn't matter. It you change 1 or 2 aspects of your system, the pecking order of the favorite cables will ineviably change. There are simply too many variables involved to declare any cable (component, speaker, anything) the "best" choice for everyone in all situations.

I enjoy participating in what I find to be interesting forum threads and sharing my 2 cents worth of personal listening experiences. It doesn't extend beyond that level of magnitude for me. All I simply meant to express here is that silver cables have been a major success in my audio system as currently configured. Silver+DHT tubed components+ efficient speakers= pure musical joy and realism, I'm very happy. John, by the way I always enjoy reading your comments on this site.
Best Regards,
Charles.
Great thread! Good information, honest and wise opinions, and very respectful discussion.

Hope all are having a wonderful Holiday .
Charles, I understand what you are saying, and I always enjoy reading your posts as well. You system certainly looks very well put together, I'd certainly love to give it a listen (though I would probably add a turntable). ;^)

Happy Holidays, and a happy and safe new year to all!!

Cheers,
John
I have doen thousends of tests with cables in over 16 years of
time. Every single silver cable can be a lot different. Silver
in general is more open than copper. But....copper is still
more involving in sound in most other situations.

But there are also silver cables which sound a lot more
involving than other silver cables. The quality of the silver
has an important influence on how the cable will sound in the
mid and high freq. Also the technique behind the cabel has a
big influence on how it sounds.

These days I sell a lot Audioquest cables. For example the
'old' Niagara was a lot more involving in the mid freq.
compared to the Sky interconnect.

The New Wild and new Wel Signature are silver cables which
bring music to a much higher level.

I owned the Wild and now use the Wel Signature cables. I can
tell you that the blacklevel and letting you hear the
differences in height is really impressive.

The Wel Signature thought me many new things of recordings I
thought I knew well. The exitement of listening to music is of
another level. These parts are very addictive and you cannot
create them with amps and sources which would cost even twice
the price.

When I compare the best silver highend cabels against the best
copper you understand that silver has a very important benefit
against copper. In my world copper cannot create that level I
want and need I have at this moment.

Instruments are so much shaper physical apparent, but also the
difference in height of percussion is a lot better
auditionable. There is a lot more details and air in the high
freq. I did win many battles in the last 2 years with
Audioquest silver interconnects against copper cables of
competitors. It is very easy to let people hear what it gives
you extra and why it is better than copper.

I had a few discussions with Audioquest to let people hear
these differences at shows. So it will be more easy to
understand what it does and bring.

At the end you listen to all parts togheter in your set. This
means that every single tool ( amp, cable, conditioner, source
and speaker) togheter including the acoustic of te room is
what you hear. Even when silver can brighten the overall
sound, the properties of a source, amp or speaker is even very
important. There will be enough situations you cannot use
silver. But it says a lot about the other parts in your set
why you cannot use them.