ILLusion Liquid Air Umbilical for Modwright units

Guys,

I can tell you this without hesitation if you haven't already done so, upgrade your stock umbilical cord to an Audio Magic Liquid air or even an Illusion Liquid Air which I have and you'll be blown AWAY!

The results are like changing a component, this cable produces spooky pin-point imaging, 3D layering within the soundstage, low level detail never heard revealed with no brightness, pitch black background, extremely musical and truly a chameleon.

This cable is truly a revelation and must be heard to believe and I can say without question that you will be amazed...
128x128wig
Knghifi,

Upgrading to the 9.9 is like removing a bed sheet from your speakers, more clarity, wider/deeper sound stage and more palpable imaging; using Sylvania 13EM7s and Philips 5R4GYS rectifier.

Also, replacing the stock fuse with an Audio Horizon premium 1.6a fuse makes a nice improvement in sound quality but experiment with fuse direction.
I found the Phillips 5R4GYS to be a good tube in the 9.9 driving the 5400,but I did not like that tube in the 9.0 driving the HAPZ1ES. I also don't like the 9.9 driving the HAPZ1 regardless of rectifier, although I haven't tried it with the Phillips yet. I need to reevaluate the 9.9 vs 9.0 again. Preliminarily, I preferred the 9.0 to the 9.9 with the 5400 also. Maybe the Sylvania voltage regulators would change my mind, but to me the 9.9 is a very solid state sounding piece. I haven't found image and stage to be anything special.

Both of these power supplies are sensitive to tubes and ac/DC cords. Maybe I don't have the 9.9 dialed in yet.
Brownsfan,

Sylvanias are much better than stock tubes, better dynamics and a quieter tube. In my system the 9.0 sounds two dimensional in comparison to the 9.9.

I'm using a SR Tungsten PC on mine but the AH fuse is amazing...
Surprisingly my Illusion Umbilical cord arrived today and after 3+ hours, it's a nice upgrade from stock. NOT inexpensive but definitely worth the $$. On familiar recordings, it's easier to decipher complex and compressed passages. Sound is more coherent, better tone, separation, 3D ... very happy!

Have you guys demo Audio Magic Illusion IC or SC?

I have PS 9.0 with TS NOS 5U4GB, SR Red fuse and it's excellent. Too bad can't demo 9.9 in my system before purchase.
Knghfi, how do you find the TS 5U4GB in terms of stage and image? I tried a cheap 1960s GE 5U4GB and the image and stage was crazy good. Best by far that I have heard in my system. Unfortunately, there was far too much sibilence.

Best rectifier overall I have found yet is a 1944 vintage V71 (military 5U4) Westinghouse Canada I got from Brent Jesse. Great tube in the PS 9.0.

Wig, I will look into the Sylvanias.