Modding Synergistic Research MPC to Galileo status

I recently had the good fortune of upgrading my stock Synergistic Research MPCs closer to Galileo Status by the help of a friend who is inclined to do such work.

He replaces the Synergistic MPC's four cheap, general purpose 1 amp rectifier diodes with four ultra fast, soft recovery IXYS rectifier diodes and the 470uf 50 volt dirt cheap chinese electrolytic cap with a 680uf Panasonic FM extremely low impedance, high ripple current, long life (7000 hrs). It is now a super low noise power supply.

This mod provides better shielding to Synergistic Research cables resulting in more transparency, blacker backgrounds, increased detail and warmth with even lower noise floor than stock MPCs.

I was really taken aback by the improvements mentioned above. When considering the cost of a Galileo MPC, this mod is a downright bargain.

The cost of this mod will be $40-50. I can provide contact information for additional questions regarding components and price.
128x128michaelspallone
Tboooe, you have nothing to worry about. The "7,000 hour" rating you're concerned with reflects EXTREME conditions in the factory that are never really duplicated in the real world. Under the day to day usage of the MPCs, we don't remotely begin to approach the manner in which the device was tested to ensure reliability.
Tboooe, just wondering if you've noticed a change once the MPC had some additional hours on it.
Devilboy, I have not heard any changes over time but I also have changed my system around lately so it's hard to tell. I am sending 2 more MPCs to Mike for mod this week. I will try to pay attention this time to see if anything changes. What is your experience?
Well, regarding the difference with the mod BEFORE break in compared to AFTER break in, the blacks got blacker, backgrounds got quieter, more "air" around voices and instruments. Now, this difference wasn't as if I changed an amp or other component, but it was there.
Michael S service is beyond A+. I sent both my SR MPCs out on a Wednesday and had them back by the following Tuesday. I had them both upgraded and the fuse repaired for less than the cost of purchasing a replacement for the one that was burned out. Great communication with emails just about everyday and tracking number update provided upon return delivery.