Modding Synergistic Research MPC to Galileo status

I recently had the good fortune of upgrading my stock Synergistic Research MPCs closer to Galileo Status by the help of a friend who is inclined to do such work.

He replaces the Synergistic MPC's four cheap, general purpose 1 amp rectifier diodes with four ultra fast, soft recovery IXYS rectifier diodes and the 470uf 50 volt dirt cheap chinese electrolytic cap with a 680uf Panasonic FM extremely low impedance, high ripple current, long life (7000 hrs). It is now a super low noise power supply.

This mod provides better shielding to Synergistic Research cables resulting in more transparency, blacker backgrounds, increased detail and warmth with even lower noise floor than stock MPCs.

I was really taken aback by the improvements mentioned above. When considering the cost of a Galileo MPC, this mod is a downright bargain.

The cost of this mod will be $40-50. I can provide contact information for additional questions regarding components and price.
128x128michaelspallone
Ted, thanks for joining in. I did in fact at one point try hardwiring, and removed the small PC board and hardwired my IXYS diodes and Panasonic FM Cap to the secondary windings in an early modified version, but because of larger physical size and the radial leads of the components I use, simply could not comfortably fit inside the MPC enclosure. Even so, I heard minimal if any improvement. I have simply never heard great improvement in hardwiring power supplies as you have described, especially when dealing with such a small 1.5 inch by 1 inch sized PC board with only a few solder points.
I HAVE however heard tremendous improvement when one hardwires SIGNAL carrying wires, such as hardwiring loudspeaker crossovers, interconnect cables inside components avoiding chassis mount RCA connectors, and hardwiring loudspeaker cables to avoid using binding posts, etc. Your brilliant ITF Bi-Wire idea would fall into this signal carrying hardwire category, eliminating a connector and solder connection. Thanks, Michael Spallone
One other point I wanted to stress, even though devilboy mentions it in his opening post, is that the tremendous sonic results I am achieving modifying stock SR MPCs, comes from replacing the 4 active diodes to IXYS ultra fast soft recovery types, and the one passive electrolytic capacitor to an extremely low impedance Panasonic FM. This is where I have found all the sonic improvement I am hearing to come from!!
A SIGNIFICANT aspect of improved performance by simply point to point hardwiring such a small power supply instead of using the tiny PC board?? I think not! Ted & I will just have to agree to disagree!
BTW I believe SRs brilliant method of Bi-Wiring is called IFT not ITF as I mistakenly wrote in my previous post, I apologize!
The Michaelspallone mod is sounding so wonderful on my Tesla T2 SE, so far ahead of the stock MPC it's ridiculous. I'm awaiting arrival of an Element Tungsten SE and can't wait to put the modded MPC on it. I can't believe it's going to get even better than what I'm hearing now.
Very cost effictive upgrade to your original mpc's.Everything that was there with the stock ones is now if you will more enhanced in every area.Soundstage,depth,cleaner highs,better bottom end.In my opinion all this due to an improved noise floor.Once again my thanks to Michael for such an outstanding job.