Stager Silver Solid interconnects

I just received a pair of these today and they have exceeded my expectations by a considerable margin.

Marc Stager is the mastermind behind them and he produces a very nicely made interconnect - $150 for a 1 meter pair - each signal wire containing a single solid silver conductor.

Bottom line - what a fantastic product - worth every penny.

My current Ic's are either van den hul or DH Labs.

The focus that these cables bring to the music is amazing. At first I thought that the improvement was marginal, then as I changed albums the improvements became much more apparent.

As I type this I am listening to a Tacet recording - Die Rohre - The Tube.
My 12 x 15 ft listening room has been transformed into a small concert hall with all the superb acoustic nuances Tacet is famous for capturing.

If you are in the market for an interconnect try these out.

WARNING - these are not screened interconnects
HOWEVER - I cranked the volume up full without anything playing on my phono setup and the resulting sound from the speaker was no different from my double screened ic's

The two conductors are twisted quite tightly, which probably has a degree of rf rejection' but keep them away from mains cables!
williewonka
Came across this forum discussions on Stager Silver Solid and would like to share my experience. Mid of last year I have ordered a 0.75m RCA pair from Marc ( http://stagersound.com/silver/index.htm ) connecting my MF B200-X Amp to Sony XA30ES CDP which sounds so impressive (very quite, clear and dynamic with good sound stage).

And I have just placed a repeat order for half meter XLR pair of this Stager Silver Solids interconnect and eagerly waiting for its arrival to connect between Oppo BDP-95 universal BD player to my Classe Audio Cap-101 Integrated Amp driving a pair of B&W DM602S3.
Came across this forum discussions on Stager Silver Solid and would like to share my experience. Mid of last year I have ordered a 0.75m RCA pair from Marc ( http://stagersound.com/silver/index.htm ) connecting my MF B200-X Amp to Sony XA30ES CDP which sounds so impressive (very quite, clear and dynamic with good sound stage).

And I have just placed a repeat order for half meter XLR pair of this Stager Silver Solids interconnect and eagerly waiting for its arrival to connect between Oppo BDP-95 universal BD player to my Classe Audio Cap-101 Integrated Amp driving a pair of B&W DM602S3.
Tonytan - try changing the RCA's to a better quality RCA

I started by upgrading to Eichmann Silver Bullet - the improvement was considerable.

Then Keith Louis Eichmann asked me to try his new range of RCA plugs - they worked even better than the Silver Bullets

I now have the KLE Innovations Silver Harmony RCA's on my system and they make the Silver Solids sound fantastic

They will improve the details, dynamics, control, clarity and image across the board and will add depth to the bass without being bloated - a very worthwhile upgrade and makes these interconnects bring out the best in a system

Regards
Well, I've just finished installing a set of Pure Harmony RCA's from KLE Innovations on the Stagers and they are extremely good.

The combination is dynamic, spacious with pinpoint imaging and clarity is the best I've ever had it.

Bass is the deepest it's ever been with superb control and lots of texture.

Granted, upgrading a $150 pair of interconnects with set of $140 RCA,s seems a little ludicrous, but I bet the final product outperforms other interconnects up to $1000.

A little tweak that I found improved performance considerably...
- untwist the Stagers just a little - just enough so you can see daylight between the twisted conductors
- if you are feeling adventurous - untwist the conductors completely and braid them with with thick nylon line - like the line used on garden trimmers (weed eaters)

It works wonders.

Enjoy
Hello Tonytan, Presume you have connected the new XLR cable. How is the performance? Am interested your opinion before by this cable. Tks

Rabbani