Purist Audio Design - Dominus Interconnect Cable

Hi,

Not to downgrade the efforts of cable designers, for me cable industry is the least technical demanding one among the audio equipment manufacture field but the price tags grow exponentially in the past decade. I can pay for technologies like amorphous metal alloys from Stealth or the battery-biased designs of Audioquest. But Purist Audio Design provides inadequate information to convince me to make the purchase. Even their most advanced technology years ago – The Radiant Light Source (RLS), they did not explain the source of the designed illuminating light.

So help me here. How to justify the over $5,000 price tag of Dominus interconnect cable at 1-mter length.

Thanks and Happy Listening!

Otto
yu11375
Why don't you listen to the Purist Audio cables? It's great to look at a website...listening will give you the best info. BTW...have your checkbook ready. I doubt you even need to go up to Dominus...try Proteus Provectus Praesto or Ventustas...It's reasonable...and killer good.

Use your ears...vs your eyes is my 2 cents...
Hello i am actually owner mostly of PAD cables including DOMINUS and CANORUS I.C. i am not saying they are the last word in cabling but for me , in my system they work better let say then the STEALTH cables even the SAKRA. If you can get them used or demo at nearly half price just listen to them and forget about the technology and be prepared to get into a "3 D" sensual and organic experience.....
I'm not sure if the point of this thread is to argue the value of high price cables or to make a real selection. If you are serious about Purist, my suggestion would be to evaluate the cable and let it stand on its own two feet. What other way is there? If it turns out to be the best sounding cable for you, get it. If not then look elseware. A few years ago I was interrested in Purist myself and tried them in my system and along with some other cables. If you don't have a local dealer, you can use The Cable Company. I've used them many times. Their lending program is excellent. They'll send out anything you want to try so there's no risk of making a bad choice.

That said, the Dominus is expensive, by any standard. Only you can judge weather it is a good value. Personally, I wouldn't consider buying something like that without listening to it first. Would you buy a pair of $900 Prada shoes without trying them on? I did. The 2nd pair fits a hell of alot better than the 1st. Sore feet or sore ears? Painful either way.
Thank you Geoffkait. I had read that interview before I posted this thread.

Actually I am ordering the Ventustas to start this experiment. After that I will contact The Cable Company for some serious comparison as Zd542 suggested.

Again I am not against Purist Audio Design. Don't we have the right to KNOW as consumers? For such highly priced product, should more detail information be provided?

Thank you all for your inputs.

Have a nice weekend!
Yu11375 wrote,

"Again I am not against Purist Audio Design. Don't we have the right to KNOW as consumers? For such highly priced product, should more detail information be provided?"

Some info might be proprietary, if you know what I mean, otherwise I thought the article described the light cables fairly well.