5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier Tubes

Is anyone currently making a tube of this type that rivals the performance of the best NOS Mullard tubes? I'm surprised that Sophia, Psvane and others appear not to have offered this tube. Suggestions?
dodgealum
Wig, thanks for the info but I am under the impression from what I read on the www that the early Ken Rads are the King of Bass. My current Sylvania Badboys are not bass shy. It is a wee bit peculiar that there are often conflicting opinions on tubes in general, but it is especially odd that it's hard to get consensus on these expensive 6SN7 tubes. You pays your money and you takes your chances.
I acquired a pair of Sylvanias Bugle Boys a few days ago and they're even better than my Sylvanias VT 231; better precision, transparency and captures more low level detail, ambiance and a deeper sound-stage. My VT 231 are woodier/bloomier/thicker in comparison and is easily heard on cellos, violins and guitars, types of music I typically listen to...
That's interesting. Pardon my ignorance, what are Sylvania Bugle Boys?
Geoffkait,

They were manufactured by Bugle Boy around 1952 and have three holes in each plate verses two in typical tubes and sounds phenomenal, a great tube and a good find...
A little clarification. The "Bugle Boy" was a series of tubes that were made by Amperex. There was no company named Bugle Boy.

http://vintagetubeservices.com/page9.html