5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier Tubes

Is anyone currently making a tube of this type that rivals the performance of the best NOS Mullard tubes? I'm surprised that Sophia, Psvane and others appear not to have offered this tube. Suggestions?
dodgealum
If anyone let's you, "try out" any NOS tubes; you MUST have a VERY GOOD friend(in heaven)! Especially tubes as rare and expensive, as the Tung-Sol roundplates. The bottom gettered Ken-Rad VT231, is not nearly as expensive/sought after, but: still hard to find(a very natural sounding tube): (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1311.R7.TR7.TRC1.A0.Xken-rad+&_nkw=ken+rad+vt231&_sacat=0&_from=R40)
Joeyboynj,

Like Rodman99999 said, the Tung-Sol are very expensive but you can find them along with Ked-Rads VT 231 and the Sylvania VT 231 are my favorite and be found at Bent Jessee Recording...

Wig
I have two Sylvania 6SN7GT Badboys from '52 and a 1940s Tung Sol 5U4G, both from eBay. Terrific combination. Kind of expensive, nevertheless...
I just got a matched pair of Ken Rad 1942 6SN7GTs on eBay for back up and am planning to send off to cryo lab ASAP. I figure, what the heck, why not?
Geoffkait,

Very good! The Ken Rads are very good but if you want more air, dynamics and bass the Sylvania VT 231 are even better...

Wig