5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier Tubes

Is anyone currently making a tube of this type that rivals the performance of the best NOS Mullard tubes? I'm surprised that Sophia, Psvane and others appear not to have offered this tube. Suggestions?
dodgealum
Hi Wig,

I just ordered a Gold Lion Genalex Tube from E-bay but it has Cryoset Deep Cryogenic Treatment. Do you have any opinions on this tube and its Cryro treatment? I'm going to use it in my ModWright Sony 5400. Its going to replace my Mullard Blackburn 1972 NOS Tube. Here is the link:

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/380760414348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 [/url]

Also, I'm using matched pair of Sophia Electric 6SL7 Tubes on my ModWright Sony 5400, which I love totally. I'm very happy with this pair and have no desire to try and roll and compare any more tubes in that category. LOL. :-)

Thanks,
Joe
Joeyboynj,

I haven't any cryo treated tubes but have read it's a mixed bag, some like and some don't.

In regards to 6SN7s, I've tried both Pvane, Sophia and prefer my Ked Rad VT231 by a large margin. Pvane was dark sounding, the Sophia were good with soundstage restriction compared to a true NOS.

Actually, I found the basic Sylvania Chrome Dome to be superior the Pvane or Sophia, but I guess it comes down to preference and system matching...
I'm new to this so I'm still experimenting, but would like some expert advise. So I can start in the correct direction and not waste time and money.

Wig, I have not heard of the Ked Red VT231. Where is the best place to get a pair to try out and even buy? What do I look for? On e-bay? BIG Thanks!

Bigkidz, same question, as for the NOS Tung-Sol 6SN7 Where is the best place to get a pair to try out and even buy? What do I look for? On e-bay? BIG Thanks!
It's actually Ken Rad, not Ked Rad. I have a few pairs of
these and they are indeed nice, however, in my system, the
Shuguang Black Treasure CV-181 "Z" (original
series), was better sounding.

I also like the Sophias a lot, very nice.

Like Wig stated, it really comes down to preferences...
Another positive vote for the new Genalex GZ34/U77 5AR4 rectifier tube. I've bought 4 of these for my amps and the Genalex GZ34 is a splendid sounding tube, especially at the price. The tube is dynamic, quiet, refined. I think this is a great tube for the money.

Happy Listening!