HiDiamond Power cords...

Has anyone tried the Power 3,2,1 power cords from HiDiamond. If so can you explain in best detail the qualities, strengths and which component you chose it on. I'm also curious which cords they compare to within the market.

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
I just put my Hi Diamond 3 XLR cables (2 meter pair and 4 meter pair) up for sale on Audiogon. I changed system configuration away from balanced a number of months ago and these were just sitting with all the other cables that make up my current system. Cleaning up the "clutter" produced these gems. they have about 150 hrs/pair on them and are in great shape.
Hey Guido!
I've always preferred running single-ended to my amps, but was having a bit of trouble doing that with the Statement 450's after I "over-adjusted" them at some point (OK,user-error - there, I said it). Anyway, balanced would run fine but single-ended was giving me problems. My preamp will run either balanced or single ended outputs, but not both at the same time. Since I had to run balanced to the amps, I did likewise from the preamp to the sub, both times using the Hi DIamond XLR cables.

As you know, I recently had some work done on my amps and when I got them back after about a 3 month vacation (yes, they looked well-rested), single -ended is working fine again. Since I prefer running single-ended, the Hi DIamond 3 XLRs have become available for sale as I no longer have a use for them. I am still happily using Hi Diamond p-4 power cables throughout my system.

It was great running into you again at RMAF! Keep in touch.
Hi Harv, indeed catching up with you in front of the VAC room at RMAF was wonderful.... This year I was specifically scoping reference-grade wire products... Heard 3 stunning looms by as many noteworthy brands... Sadly, HiDiamond was MIA... Mayhap better luck next year?

G.
Hey Guido-
The various Hi Diamond dealers pick and choose where they exhibit. I deal with the distributor in Canada and I couldn't really see him making this trip, although many others from other gear have come much further for the chance to exhibit at RMAF..

Heard those ALtairs yesterday - call when you get a chance for the scoop.