Stick a fork in Dylan, he's done.

Well maybe not as quite as Burton Cummings(LOL), but you have to admit his voice is gone along with subject matter. I'm sure he does. However I think he has produced a couple of top notch compositions of late. I'm a serious fan but his latest leaves something to be desired imo. I'm interested to know which couple of albums you think were his best of all. Mine are "Oh Mercy" and "Under The Red Sky". I'm impressed that imo, he peaked out that late in his career.
csontos
Well if you like Oh Mercy, how can you not like UTRS? They are so close in style and production, they may as well have been a double album. And you don't have to be up on the chronology to have heard at least 90% of his stuff by now. Frankly, I find your response rather odd in this regard. Especially since you seem to be in agreement otherwise.

Being obsessed is not going to give you a clear view toward an educated opinion. If he's as honest as you claim, I wonder how closely his autobiography would resemble your biography. I can think of a few artists your assessment could be applied to. Rather generic imo.
Hello Ben - I do not think that anyone here is doubting the musical, political, social etc. significance of Bob Dylan.....I persoannly just think that the last few albums have sucked. Voice, no voice - they are just not good and to see him live is painful.
'' Under the Red Sky '' - was different but Dylan is / was never consistent. Not one of my favorites but an album that has an all star cast of musicians that had an obvious influence along with Don Was on the outcome. " Born in Time '' and the album's title are the take aways. Like anything else - some like it some don't ....yuo can say that about a few of Dylan's but the last few have been terible .....
Think the last few albums have been ok, but Tempest is very good. Just me. None of the recent albums rate with his best--but then a mediocre Dylan is better than most other artists.