Shunyata ztron power vs cx cables...

Hi, I have a few Shunyata CX powercords (anaconda cx and king cobra cx). Has anyone done a detailed comparison? What are your thoughts as to the differences?

I did just replace my Hydra vray II with a Hydra Triton, and that was a nice improvement, in clarity, naturalness, ease and dynamics. It was one of those upgrades that once it goes in...wasn't even worth going back to compare...

Thanks in advance
128x128jfrech
Hello Vhiner,

that's very interesting. Did you have the chance to evaluate a Python against the Anaconda before making your choice? I have one remaining power cable to buy (I have some Cobra and Python but no Anaconda) and I'm wondering whether the top cable is worth the additional 1000$. If anyone has some info on the subject please share your impressions. Thanks!
Guy1,

I have *not* heard the Python Zitron...but those who have tell me the Anaconda beats it by a considerable margin, at least when it is applied to amps and power conditioners to the wall. I've decided I have to have one for my Triton. Thanks for the recommendation, Jfrech!
Wig, I do think the gauge, as least in this case, is the cause for the difference in imaging. As I have not heard your 2 cables, I can't directly comment.

But I did think the King Cobra CX and Anaconda CX threw wider stages...the zitrons are certainly deeper, as I am listening right now, the additional depth may give you a initial impression that width is smaller...when maybe it's not...just another thing to listen for ...
From my experience with non-shunyata PC's wire gauge cannot be dismissed for the high voltage tasks like amps, projectors or powerconditioners.

That is why I was curious about the wiregauge on the zitron PC's. From what I gather from webdealers the gauge is identical between the CX and Zitron range on the Anaconda(7 gauge) and Python(9 gauge) models. That means the 1k$ price increase between CX and Zitron is not related wiregauge.

What is related is the active zitron technology which does not equal more current passed through the wire, but rather higher "definition" of current passing through the wire. Atleast that is my quasi-analysis of your findings.

So if the amp, projector or powerconditioner works best with a 7 gauge anaconda the addition of zitron technology which enhances definition on a 9 gauge python might not be enough to offset the difference in wire gauge between the anaconda(7) and a python(9).

This is why I think the positioning of a 9 gauge Zitron Python against a 7 gauge Anaconda CX is not fair because the wire gauge difference cannot be dismissed on amps, projectors and powerconditioners. I would think of Zitron as a 1k$ refinement of the corresponding CX model, ie. 7 gauge Anaconda CX + 1k$ refinement = 7 gauge Anaconda Zitron.
Jfrech
you had and liked Purist power cables before. Can you please share how purist power cords differ from shunyata CX or ztron. Pluses. minuses...Thank you.