Shunyata ztron power vs cx cables...

Hi, I have a few Shunyata CX powercords (anaconda cx and king cobra cx). Has anyone done a detailed comparison? What are your thoughts as to the differences?

I did just replace my Hydra vray II with a Hydra Triton, and that was a nice improvement, in clarity, naturalness, ease and dynamics. It was one of those upgrades that once it goes in...wasn't even worth going back to compare...

Thanks in advance
128x128jfrech
Vhiner,

I have their Organic line and everything I've tried so far don't come close. The midrange is magical and the tone of the cable is so beautiful and life-like, never heard nothing like it. Images are bigger and sharply defined within the soundstage with excellent top to bottom coherence.

I will have over 500 hrs by week end but don't think tone will change but may extract more detail
Hi I've been following this thread with interest. Currently I'm running a Triton(frontend+active speakers) and Talos(projector+active surroundspeakers) in my system. I have the complete system wired with Furutech Flux, 8 and 9 gauge PC's. And one C19 Anaconda CX PC incoming to benchmark against the Furutech Flux 20A.

Since the specs are not up yet on Shunyata's webpage I wonder if anyone can enlighten me on what gauge the new Zitron cables are?
I would like to confirm if they are the same as the previous CX generation or if they have moved up a notch reflected in their 1k$ priceincrease?
Honestly, I can't help you on the wire guage, all I can comment on is the sound quality and differences. I'll will be curious what you think on the Anaconda CX powering your Triton or Talos...
Crion: >>I wonder if anyone can enlighten me on what gauge the new Zitron cables are?<<

Zitron Python power cord: 9AWG

>>I would like to confirm if they are the same as the previous CX generation or if they have moved up a notch reflected in their 1k$ priceincrease?<<

Shunyata has been known to shift or change product names across different generations. I'm not clear that matching the CX and Zitron series based on names and wire gauge alone yields comparables for their top tier power cords. Based on relative performance and price comparison, there is this:

Zitron Cobra $995 -- CX Python $1095
Zitron Python $1995 -- CX Anaconda $1995
Zitron Anaconda $2995 -- CX King Cobra $3495

hope this helps
Jfrech,

Would you mind sharing what amps you're using and whether they go straight to the wall or through a conditioner? My Anaconda Zitron is going straight from my Classe' Delta 2200 to a dedicated 20 amp line. I still have a few days of burn in left to go. So far it's been a bit of a roller coaster...wish I'd had access to that wine cellar refrigerator. ;-)