Shunyata ztron power vs cx cables...

Hi, I have a few Shunyata CX powercords (anaconda cx and king cobra cx). Has anyone done a detailed comparison? What are your thoughts as to the differences?

I did just replace my Hydra vray II with a Hydra Triton, and that was a nice improvement, in clarity, naturalness, ease and dynamics. It was one of those upgrades that once it goes in...wasn't even worth going back to compare...

Thanks in advance
128x128jfrech
Guy1,

No apologies needed from you; I just didn't want to rile cable skeptics. I, too, would love to understand the science behind cable break in.

Here's my prediction: the Anacondas won't reach reference level (and I agree that no one should accept anything less from cables this pricey) until a minimum of 400 hours of playback. I was fortunate that my dealer was so confident that he gave me a three-week audition period. If I'd had to make a decision at 250 hours, my cables would've gone back to the store. Good things come to those who wait. ;-)

My system consists of Thiel CS3.7's, Perfect Wave MKII DAC and transport, Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and a Classe' Delta 2200 amplifier. Even subtle changes are easy to catch and may explain how I perceive break in.
Did somebody actually compared zitron power cables with CX? For example, does python zitron sounds better than anaconda CX? Or cobra zitron is better than python CX?
Hello,

Wig: please let us know your impressions when you get them.

Vhiner: you seem to have a very good and transparent system. I have ribbon tweeters (Monitor Audio Platinum) running on Classe gear so I know what you mean by easily catching changes. How many hours have you on your Anacondas ? I will be patient with them and wait. I'm not unhappy by the way as I know what Shunyata is able to do. Indeed, my initial "disappointment" was related to the direct comparison with another of their products (used cables already broken-in).

Denon1: Along with the Anacondas I also have 2 Cobra AC cables (why break only one cable when you can break 3? ;-)). They already made a significant difference in my system but I was coming from stock cables so I cannot comment on the cx cables and compare them with the ztron.
Guy1,

I have Python Zitrons and they have well over 3000 hours. I'd be curious as to how they compare to the Anacondas but that would require a helluva lot of break in. LOL
hahaha you're right! Those are not cables easy to compare. I must say that I don't have any zitron IC cables in my system... yet. I'm currently using a mix of Audience AU24e and Acoustic Zen Absolute interconnects. They are great but I'm wondering if the zitron could not elevate the performance to another level. Before verifying this, I need to complete the break-in of the speaker and AC cables. I also need to get a few more pay checks as well LOL