Your jaw dropping cables

Hi

Did you have any jaw dropping experience with any type of cable? Please refer to the cable and its predecessor (and I'm not referring just to VFM - also expensive ones count).
Thanks
icorem
Some three decades ago perhaps, swapping my common for the day speaker cable for Monster Cable 12gauge. Even my sister Renee noticed the difference. So I knew it wasn't simply the I just brought it so it must be better syndrome. It made me a believer to this day in larger gauge speaker cable.
I was most impressed with the Kubala Sonsa Emotions. But the speaker cables don't remind me of garden hoses but more like a fire hose. I'd be afraid they would pull my monitors down LOL!! Anyhow I own Nordost Frey's (they won't pull down any speaker).

Like others have said if you had some basic cables and demoed some high end cables you would eventually find a great jaw dropping cable. I'll add as your components get better the cables will reveal more. So what I found great cables on mid-fi will bring out the flaws where with Higher-fi it will bring out more of the good.
My two "holy crap" wire moments came (1) from moving from generic lamp cord (or equivalent) to Kimber Monocle XLs for speaker cable and (2) replacing the stock wires on a pair of Sennheiser HD600s with Cardas wire. (Not that either is an "ultimate" in and of itself.) Everything since then has involved trade offs and increments, but those two were definite night and day moments.
I agree Kubala Emotion and Elation tested very well in our blind test but HiDiamond was a more emotional experience and it cost 50% of what I can buy Kubala for. I have had both cables on my system for extended periods and the HiDiamond cables put you in the recording studio with the artist which for me takes my listening session to a whole different level.
Masterbuilt Signature power cords

I had previously installed the Masterbuilt speaker cords and interconnects to good effect. I then tried installing the MB powercords on my Spectron monoblocks in place of Shunyata Python CX powercords. As soon a I powered up the first Spectron, it was obvious that the quality of realism had taken a huge leap. Since then, I acquired Double Kronzilla's, using them in a biamp configuration, all with the MB cables. The Krons, like the Spectrons, love the Masterbuilt power cords.

Without exception, every time I demo the difference for audiophiles or casual listeners, there's the same reaction. Oddly enough the first words are usually "holy crap" or equivalent.

By the way, I got the same result replacing Anacondas elsewhere in my system.

My word of advice is once you've tried the Masterbuilt cables, you'll miss them if you don't keep them.