The best digital IC, period.

I've spent a great deal of time, too much really, to find the best IC between my transport to my DAC. After listening to six cables from some big names and big $$ as well as some not so well names for small $$. The winner came out to be a HAVE/CANARE $25 IC. With this cable there is no eye candy at all, ZED, but it's combination of GEPCO International, VSD2001 high definition 75ohm serial series digital coax, and CANARE true 75ohm RCA terminations, simply killed all of the esoteric cables with a few others coming in very very close, but the HAVE/CANARE $25, 3' was just beyond belief. Now I know that people feel strongly to use at least 1.5M in length for a DIC, but with this company I tried cables at length of 12" to 1.5M, i tried them all and the best of the buch was their standard 3' cable, defying the math. Hey, for 25$?
rpg
I am not sure how much honesty you are looking for but please remember this is just my opinion from blind test results. We have tested Ridge Street and they also tested well but we were never looking for OK we are always looking for a new reference. I would personally say if the cable company does not a real factory or a metallurgy background probably stays away from that manufacturer. I could build a good cable with a nice sleeve and market that cable but who really cares. When you buy a cable it should have little to no effect on your equipment; you should never us a cable as an equalizer. You will know the cable is correct when you become emotionally attached to the artist. Cables with bloated bass or cables that are too analytical will not allow you to connect with the artist.
When we test digital cables it is always 1.5 meters unless the manufacturer recommends a different length.
There are 6 different guys so the source and DACs vary when we do our test. Several of the systems are very expensive and do have what we consider reference components. The equipment will definitely affect the results of any test.
Ozzy, no, the six foot cable lacked articulation and sounded a bit too warm for my taste. Your system being different than mine may not have a problem. Measure exactly what you need to the inch, HAVE will custom make you a cable without extra cost, just tell them what you need.
Rpg
Audioengr, $685. I'm trying to share my experience that a $25 can, and most likely is, nipping at the heals of such crazy expensive cables here.
There is no definitive "best" of anything. There are way too many variables involved. The "best" you can hope for is to find something that works well in your system. You can then say it's the "best" for you until you find something you think is better !!!!
I do agree there is no “Definitive Best “but at some point you must know what you are trying to accomplish with your personal system. This is a huge problem and my opinion this is why people keep buying and selling equipment. My goal has always been very clear; try to reproduce what the recording studio intended you to hear, good or bad. Once you reproduce the artist at their purest form you will become emotionally attached to the recording if you have your system correct. Cables are the artery of your system and without proper cables your arteries become clogged and your system dies. It is surprising how many cables actually clog the system but again this really is just another opinion.