Do powercords make a difference in sound?

Do they make a difference by upgrading stock power cords in amps, ect versus aftermarket power cords? If so, can anyone advise a good bang for the buck upgrade?
chad329
If you are starting a system just use the stock ones. The short answer is if the system warrants it and the power cord is the short comming I dont know why but it made a difference in my system. But I think there are so many variable with power cords.
Listen with the stock power cords in place to determine a base line performance of your system. Get a feel for the sound of your system first. I would say you should spend at least 1 or 2 months. Then try inexpensive aftermarket cords preferably those you can try on a 30 day money back. Compare the sound of your system with a new cord (one at at time) and see how the sound compares with all stock cords. Common wisdom says to put the highest quality cord on your source, so you may want to start there. Cords make a difference, but it is not always a "good difference." Finding synergy with power cords gets tedious. In the end, you may end up liking the sound of your system better with the stock cords. It's not unheard of. Also, your system needs to be resolving enough or you may not be able to hear any change from one cord change to another.
I never give the standard slap down of " search the archives", but I'm tempted to here. This thread is just the latest in a long line of incendiary conversations about power cords. Though I'm sure you're hopeful, I am certain you will not uncover any opinion that's not been expressed before, ad nauseum.