Transparent Bi-Cable

Is it as good as it's supposed to be for B&W 802D? If yes, why did they stop producting Bi-Cables?
antonkk
?? Not sure here. It's still available on Transparent's website...

http://www.transparentcable.com/products/pdf/prices/retail_prices_04-2009.pdf

see page 4 for their biwire cables
About 10 years ago, I know transparent bi-wire was just a double run of cables out of the network box for connecting to four binding posts and was priced a small premium above single wire cables mainly for the additional pretty terminations.

Transparent bi-cable, on the other hand, has one network specifically for HF and another for LF (albeit in the same box), this was about priced 50% more than the single wire version

Looking at the pricing now, perhaps they streamlined the catalog and got rid of the old bi-wire nomenclature and then bi-cable became the new bi-wire. You could always call and get the answer straight from them.
No, I think Bi-Wire and Bi-Cable are different designs. I'm interested in Bi-Cable since it was designed for difficult to drive speakers like B&W. Makes sense but leaves more questions than answers - the difficult B&Ws didn't go anywhere - why then Transparent gave up on the idea? Was it not worth the extra cost?
I had never heard that B&W were difficult to drive in the accepted sense of the term, that is a difficult impedance curve. This certainly wasn't true when I sold them years ago and I haven't seen anything in the tests showing that the newer ones are that different. Which ones do you have in mind? The biwire configuration would have little effect on the drive difficulty in any case as the amp is still seeing the same speakers and crossover. B&Ws do like a lot of power and have for years but are not in my experience a difficult load for an amp to drive in the same way as my GamuTs or my friend's Wilson's.