Teo XLR

I notice liquid cables are being talked about a bit at the moment so thought I'd share my experience.

I come from a somewhat cable sceptic background. After playing with modest cables I felt there were differences but it was all pretty subtle. The best I came across were Anti-cables which with everything I've seen seemed to offer slightly greater clarity. They've stayed in my system for the past 3 years as it's evolved.

I run an Emm Labs, Muse amp (very underrated)and Kharma speakers with just an XLR between the electronics. I was offered the opportunity to try a Teo XLR in an unfamiliar system a little while ago and was surprised at the difference it made so at the earliest opportunity I tried them in mine.

I've had them for over a week now and have been surprised at just how big a difference they've made. In a system that I've been very happy with the greater decay and body to notes is a revelation. They've added a more natural perspective that I didn't know I was missing. Very impressive.
defride
Fiddler and Glory,
You might be interested in reading Tbg's post regarding his cables leaking. I believe this is precisely the risk that Musicxyz was referring to. Also, please note that the liquid that leaked from Tbg's cable is reported as non-toxic. Please note that the liquid metal inside Teo cables is highly toxic.

Please note that I do not know Musicxzy, I do not know his true identity and I have had no contact whatsoever with him other than indirectly through this thread.
Sabai,

I would be very slow to write such things about toxic Teo cables as they are not true.

Read and study real hard before you make such claims. Maybe even contact Teo before you shoot yourself in the foot again. You sound foolish when you write such things you know not of.

Good Morning Forum Members,

My name is Taras Kowalczyszyn, and I am a Senior Partner at TEO Audio, which among other things manufactures the Liquid Cable line of audio cables.

This thread was brought to my attention a short while ago and I was hoping to respond earlier but a few things prevented an immediate response. First, we attended the Salon Son et Image this last week, and as you can probably guess that involves a great deal of prep so I could not devote the necessary time to fully digest what was being said in this thread. Second, and probably more importantly I had more than a bit of trouble working my way thru the various twists and turns that map out the way this thread has progressed.

So to help me make sense of the thread ( and to help the readers of this post to understand the full import of my response ) I have pulled the various posts that I thought were especially relevant ( these posts not only name the players that my response refers to but also give a bit of background to the place they have had in the evolution of this thread ). Thus we have posts that have references to Musicxyz, Zu, Bob, HiDiamond, Worldwide Wholesales and TEO Audio.

Against this backgound I would like to state the following....

In all the time that TEO Audio has been in existence there has been only one instance in which someone has come to my home and bought cables. That one instance had Bob Neill visit us to sign a distribution agreement to sell TEO Audio to dealers in Canada ( it should perhaps be noted at this time that the agreement that was signed at that time was in very short order terminated by TEO Audio) During that visit Bob Neill, who is the owner of Worldwide Wholesales, bought only one (1) pair of cables. These cables were a set of our PDL series RCA terminated inter-connects, which at that point was our entry level cable ( at that point TEO Audio had three cables in our catalog, the PDL, the SPDL and the Standard...the Reference which seems to be referred to at times in this thread was still in development and was not yet completed...and certainly never heard by Bob Neill ).

It should also be noted at this present time that Bob Neill and/or Worldwide Wholesales is also the Canadian distributor of HiDiamond cables and Zu products ( please see links listed below )

http://www.zuaudio.com/#dealers.php

http://www.hidiamond.it/2/international_distributor_2115881.html

Hope this helps clear up some of the questions that have been raised in this thread. And thank you in advance for piling thru this rather long post.

Yours truly

Taras K....

02-22-12: Musicxyz
From what I now understand the same store that I purchased my Zu speakers from is now selling HD cables. I did mention to the owner several times during our conversations that I like HD cables and perhaps that is how he found out about the brand. I have spoken to him several times and he seems like a great guy, very easy to deal with. I think if you read my emails I clearly state there are lots of great cables but my cable of choice is HD. I never realized that mentioning 1 brand name would cause so much crap. Beside me and my buddies I really don't know anyone that uses HD.I also like JPS, does that mean I own that company? You guys really need to move on because I don't care what cable you use as long as your system gives you some emotional connection to the artist. If you don’t want to hear my opinion than stop asking.

03-16-12: Musicxyz
I never actually had a bad experience with the owner; I had a bad experience with the cable. I bought 2 cables that were supposed to be the exact same model and they sounded totally different. They did add weight and body in all sorts of negative ways. I prefer a cable that doesn’t add anything but instead disappears so I can listen to the artist and recording.
The first time you hear a cable that adds nothing you will know because all your recording will sound more emotional.

03-20-12: Musicxyz
I not really sure who you are but I know where and who I bought the TEO cables from. I meet the owner Ken who was driving a M5 and Taras. They meet me at Taras farm house just outside of Kingston Ontario. They were very nice and they were running homemade blue speakers to match their homemade Teo cables. The cables were represented as the best model they sold but in my opinion they were not very good. Again this is just an opinion but I am pretty sure I am allowed to have an opinion.

I am done so quit making up stories. When we are testing cables we always try to go directly to manufacturer to save money.

03-21-12: Musicxyz
I really don’t have time to play your game but you should stop making up stories. I drove just outside of Kingston Ontario and purchased 2 sets of interconnects off the 2 owners of the TEO cables; it is really that simple. I did purchase my Zu speakers from the Zu distributer in Canada and his name is Bob.
If you make up stories you should be ready to back your lies. All this because I don’t like TEO cables the cable that you use, seriously?

03-23-12: Hidiamond
Please be advised that I am one of the owners of HiDiamond Cables and we did sell musicxyz, Dave several sets of HiDiamond cables before we had a NA distributer. Musicxyz does not work for HiDiamond cables or for our NA distribution company Worldwide Wholesales located in Canada. We do however appreciate the positive feedback from musicxyz.
Glory,
With all due respect, if you would devote some time to doing careful research on Galinstan you will then show that you are capable of focusing on the issue at hand -- without the need to personalize your posts in an inappropriate manner including the use of demeaning language.

Indium constitutes 21.5% of Galinstan. Here is what the research on indium shows.

"All indium compounds should be regarded as highly toxic. Indium compounds damage the heart, kidney, and liver, and may be teratogenic [causing birth defects]".

With all due respect, I don't believe this shows that I have either shot myself in the foot or that I look foolish. On the contrary. It shows that I am focusing strictly on the facts.