Teo XLR

I notice liquid cables are being talked about a bit at the moment so thought I'd share my experience.

I come from a somewhat cable sceptic background. After playing with modest cables I felt there were differences but it was all pretty subtle. The best I came across were Anti-cables which with everything I've seen seemed to offer slightly greater clarity. They've stayed in my system for the past 3 years as it's evolved.

I run an Emm Labs, Muse amp (very underrated)and Kharma speakers with just an XLR between the electronics. I was offered the opportunity to try a Teo XLR in an unfamiliar system a little while ago and was surprised at the difference it made so at the earliest opportunity I tried them in mine.

I've had them for over a week now and have been surprised at just how big a difference they've made. In a system that I've been very happy with the greater decay and body to notes is a revelation. They've added a more natural perspective that I didn't know I was missing. Very impressive.
defride
Fiddler,
The potential problem here is that we are talking about a metal in the cable that is liquid at room temperature -- and that is also highly toxic. No other kind of cable that I am aware of poses this potential problem.
Fiddler,

That was a great read LOL.

Chocolate given to some dogs can kill them. Almost lost my Toy Fox Terrier when guests we had over allowed them to get into their chocolate.

No chocolate in my cables Please.
I should add that my Cerious Technologies cables, which had liquid in them, did leak. Fortunately, it was not toxic liquid. But from what I have seen, the Teos are very carefully made and shipped. Still, were I to have kids around, especially young ones, I would pause before getting the Teos.

Glory, do you find these cables "somewhat dark" as said in the 6Moons review? How is the holographic image?
Tbg,

Sounds like tubes in a cable. Rich/3d/tonality spot on/instruments sound real on digital playback. Quiet with a more rounded fuller sound than most cables.

It think the Moonie reviewer was spot on with his review of the Teo.

Have the Teo Spdif digital cable and Stage 3 Concepts Magnus Prime IC. The S3 silver IC gives a more focused/faster sound than the Teo IC. So far the digital has not been beat yet. I have S3 top of the line 6.3K LOL digital coming in for demo so the Teo cable has a strong contender as best in my system.

If you want to try them let me know Norm.

Will report back.
Fiddler and Glory,
You might be interested in reading Tbg's post regarding his cables leaking. I believe this is precisely the risk that Musicxyz was referring to. Also, please note that the liquid that leaked from Tbg's cable is reported as non-toxic. Please note that the liquid metal inside Teo cables is highly toxic.

Please note that I do not know Musicxzy, I do not know his true identity and I have had no contact whatsoever with him other than indirectly through this thread.